Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

when to switch to Enfapro?

1stimemum is offline Registered User

when to switch to Enfapro?

my son is now 6mthsish and I'm currrently still feeding him enfamil. Was told by an acquaintance that I should be switching to Enfapro.

is this true? is there any harm if i continue him on enfamil? I just bought 2 cans of Enfamil this weekend and it seems a waste. I do not however want to stinge and end up hurting him.

any advice mums?

AmyH is offline Registered User
    There is no harm a all in keeping him on the current formula if he is gaining weight. When he starts to eat solids it may be worth changing it to the one for 6 months up but it certainly will not harm your baby to keep him on the enfamil.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I believe that the 'stage' formula products exist mainly because there are strict rules (in the UK at least) about advertising formula milk for newborns so they invented a 6 month plus product that gets around the rules that they can promote to mums. The 6 month plus milk may have slightly differing quantities of some ingredients, they usually have more iron for instance, but there's some debate as to whether this is useful as some of the follow on milks can cause some babies constipation which may be due to the extra iron.

My 11 month old is still on the stage 1 milk just because the brand I use didn't seem to have much difference between the two and I didn't really see the point in changing as he gets on fine with it. For sure use the tins you've got and then have a read of the back of the packs and see what the difference in ingredients is for your formula and make a decision based on that.

oi0io is offline Registered User
    You can stick to Enfamil if your son still enjoys drinking it. Still has all the nutritional benefits to fulfill his needs.

1stimemum is offline Registered User
    thanks everyone. plus i've already started him on solids so hopefully he can get his iron source from spinach and the like.