Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Need help - Raymond Ng, Christine Choy, Louisa Lam, etc.

matemate is offline Registered User

Need help - Raymond Ng, Christine Choy, Louisa Lam, etc.

Hi All, this is matemate's wife speaking.

We need some help. We went along with our current doctor for quite a while now (31 weeks), but despite several attemps, he seems not willing to discuss our (Hypno) birthing plan to our satisfaction and seems clearly targeting a c-section.

as such, we must be looking for alternatives now. i have done a shortlist of doctors that seems supportive of natural and drug-free delivery and would like to get your views before we book an appointment. i am 31 weeks now, so i prefer not to waste too much time selecting doctors.

the current list is:
    - Raymond Ng
    - Christine Choy
    - Louisa Lam

Would anyone have some feedback on them? I am specifically looking for someone who takes time to go through our birthing plan, supports natural and drug-free delivery and is generally willing to get out of the way during birth if everything is normal and be there when required if things do not go to plan.

Thanks for your help!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Christine Choy was my obstetrician for my both kids, helping me through 2 tough pregnancies and did my 2 deliveries, both very different (first one with peridural and induced, second one drug free). She's always been supportive as I wanted natural births (as far as it was possible), drug free, and she is also pro-breastfeeding.
    I totally trust her, and it also happened that I had to call her to get some information or get some help, and she would answer each time.
    I don't know if it's possible for doctors to "get out of the way" during delivery, that you may have to talk about it with your doctor.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Raymond is my GP, don't think he's an OB though is he? He's wonderful though and definitely supports a combined Eastern / Western / natural approach.

matemate is offline Registered User
    just to revert, we went for dr christine choy and very happy with her. such a difference to macor wan. he might be good but his attitude of 'need-to-know' basis are really not our cup of tea. she is much better and the sheer fact that she has given (vaginal) birth to her own kid seems really to shine through when she is giving advice.

her charges are expensive though, but probably worth it for us

rani is offline Administrator
    I used Raymond Ng. He was good but was $$$. And I didn't appreciate he pushed his Pead buddy on us after the delivery when he knew we'd already selected a Pead.