Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where to buy and how to use a sling

Macau Mum2b is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all your advice, I will get in touch with LLL for the Mayawrap and Sarah thanks for your kind offer which I will probably take up, will pm you next week/ as soon as I have bought the wrap to see if you have a bit of time to spare.

Cara, you seem surprised that I inquire about courses but in France baby wearing courses by trained professionals are quite common and it is highly recommended to take one mainly because of the respiratory risks when not using a sling properly.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Please send me an email to [email protected] rather than a PM on geobaby. I only check geobaby about once a week but check my emails at least twice a day.

A few years ago there was a woman giving courses on how to ware baby slings and the pro and cons of various baby carriers. But she has moved back to live in France now - so I guessed these courses were popular there.

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

Macau Mum2b is offline Registered User
    Ok, so I bought a Mayawrap sling from LLL, and it's working out okay except: Bub starts crying as soon as she's wet her nappy which she doesn't do in the stroller, I guess it's because she's pressed against her wee, and there's nothing I can really do about that.
    The main problem is that if she is awake, she likes to look around but is a month old so cannot support her own head, I have to hold it for her which beats the "hands free" advantage of the sling. Any tricks to keep her head supported by the sling and yet let her look around and not have her face pressed against my chest?

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    You can put a blanket on his back/neck to give a better support of her head

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12