Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

14 month old refuse hair cut—what to do?

rani is offline Administrator

There's also another chain called EC-House. We haven't tried it yet

http://www.ec-house.com.hk/

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Ha ha Amy - I am exactly with you on the "boys stuff" angle! Means I don't have to deal with the drama. And also agree with hairdressers taking SO long here! Our husbands have obviously been taking our boys to the same salons

ssheng is offline Registered User

You guys are so lucky to have this problem...I'm dying for my daughter's hair to grow in!

Lisainhk is offline Registered User

Oh dear. I just tried to give my 12 month old his first haircut... disaster. My husband said 'Let me do the haircuts from now on ok?' Sigh. I thought it would be simple! Apparently not.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

i spoke too soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Aava.Wong View Post
    i put the telly on with his fav dvd, prop him up on his chair and start snipping. he might not like the clipper as it goes against his scalp but use the scissors as you can figure out how much to snip off away from his scalp. my bubba is also on his 14th month and he is more aware than before on what i'm doing so he shakes his head while i'm at it so i leave him be for couple of mins and try again. :)
    i "tried" to cut his hair again last weekend and he didn't want anything to do with it. i wanted to give up because he was crying so much but i remembered solidstars' tip and put him in the bath and he immediately got distracted with the running water, his ducky and other toys. it was a bit difficult with him moving so much and the hair-cut was a mess but he'll grow out of it soon.

carey is offline Registered User

:) Hi Ava wong, same here.

We put him in the bath tub with running water which was his favorite passtime. That did not help either. He tried to get away from the tub and everything as soon as he saw that we were putting the clipper in his head. We knew it would be impossible to give him a nicer haircut if he does not stay still. It looks like if we force him to cut or let his hair grow, either way he would have a messy hairstyle.

How about doing it when they are sleeping? Have anyone try it yet? Many people suggest this but we think that our son would wake up at the sligtest sound. And if he woke up from having his haircut he might just refuse to fall asleep from now on.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

while you're sleeping...mumma cut your hair!

carey - you can give it a try when your kid is sleeping, deeply. hehehehe

me being me, i sorted out the left side of his messy hair-cut when he took a nap after the cutting/crying/bathing/playing/more cutting. i placed an old newspaper under his head and trimmed more.

i didn't get to the right side because he napped on his right side that whole afternoon and i didn't want to cut it while he slept in the evening because of lack of light so i'm waiting for his weekend naps to sort out his right side.

(i'm a working mum who cuts her hubby's as well as helper's hair and i'm pretty good at it :))

marie313 is offline Registered User

have you tried getting a hairdresser to come to your house? you son might be more comfortable doing it in a 'safe' environment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12