Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Direct hire is taking WAAYYY too long

expatmom is offline Registered User

Direct hire is taking WAAYYY too long

I am rehiring my ex helper from a long time ago. She is in the Phillipines. She told me to process the paperwork through an agency. I signed and paid everything on the 26th of June. There was a delay in processing because she had UTI and had to do another medical test. The agent only managed to submit to HK immigration on the 20th of July. They told me I would receive a letter from immigration last week. I have not received such a letter to date. I am sooooo frustrated beyond belief at how long it is taking.

My question is, is it normal that it's taking this long to process? I've already waited 7 weeks and by the time immigration issues the visa, it could take another 4-6 weeks. This means I would have waited 3 months just to hire direct. Is such timing normal?

shuchisingh is offline Registered User

the papers were submitted to immigration on 20th july - so yes it would take 4-8 weeks from hereon.

the seven weeks delay at your end was due to re-tests and all. sometimes the agencies are a bit lax and you have to keep chasing them. but in this case your ex-helper was not well so am not sure if it's anyone's fault.

i am sorry did i miss something ? - where's the delay ?

kellyst is offline Registered User

we confirmed ours mid Jun, our agent submitted pretty much the next day, and our visa just got approved yesterday. So yes 3 months in total is quite normal, also put into account you had a 4 week delay before submission to immigration as well.

rani is offline Administrator

If you need her urgently, once you receive the acknowledgment card from Immigration with the Case number simply fax a letter to the Director of Immigration requesting they expedite the paperwork. They will do their best to speed it up.

matemate is offline Registered User

2 years ago the government changed the helper levy, so there was a rush in applications which are now being renewed. hence there is a bit of an overload at immigration side - so i was told to wait closer to 8 weeks

rani is offline Administrator

Aiya!! Am hiring a new helper this month. Hope it doesn't take that long :(

shuchisingh is offline Registered User

they do expedite if there is a good enough reason. our helper's visa came in 4 weeks. but then i was expecting, my husband travelling a lot AND we went and met the immigration officer plus called them up once.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Our helper's visa was ready within a week, expedited. I was having a complicated pregnancy and had a doctor's letter stating that, they did it really fast. This was just in April/May...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast