Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which stroller is the lightest & smallest? What car seat do you use?

ANGO is offline Registered User

Which stroller is the lightest & smallest? What car seat do you use?

Hi,
    I wonder which strollers you use? I want to find something light and easy to handle, starting for a few months of age till few years old? I also have a small car... what's the best car seat choice?

carang is offline Registered User
    maclerans (spelling?) seem to be the stroller of choice for mums in DB. looks pretty light, but sturdy still.

carseat? doesn't really matter, so long as it has 5 point harness. we just got our carseats from toys'r'us. i was able to use my starcard coupons for them.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I've got a Maclaren Quest and I really like it. It's pretty easy to take up the steps with The Boy in if a section of the escalator is closed or something and it's umbrella fold so fits into most cars. I see a lot of people with Combi's as well, I think they're quite light but look a bit plasticy for my taste, then there's the ubiquitous Bugaboo - great looks but quite small for some todders and I think they had issues with quality (wheels or brakes, I think) but I think that might be sorted with the new model.

Eugene and Bumps have fairly wide selection if you want to go along and test them for weight, ease of use, folding etc.. I think the lightest one you can get is the Maclaren Volo but it doesn't have much recline so not suitable for a newborn.

We've got a britax car seat, agree with Carang that if they've got all the right safety stuff they all seem pretty similar.
    Last edited by jvn; 08-10-2010 at 12:05 PM.

baffelly is offline Registered User
    The lightest one I found that's suitable from newborn is combi. Can get it from wing on or jusco. Mine is also one hand fold and can even fit in the passenger compartment of taxi(so no need to put in trunk). Been using it for 18 mth since bb was born and still in good shape.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    A lot of people get the maxi cosi with the quinny zapp so they can easily attach the carseat to the stroller especially when the baby is really small. I would probably get the carseat base for your car as well so you can leave that in the car. We got the maxi cosi carseat and used it on our Babyjogger city mini. Great stroller, but not that small...it folds in one step by grabbing the handle in the middle. We're looking for a lighter stroller now since our baby is now 7 months old and we don't have a car...if you go to the states, check out the Uppababy g-luxe. The Maclarens are good if you are to purchase here...but go for the quest, triumph models if you're looking at the lighter versions. The Volo doesn't have very much support for a little baby and it doesn't recline, but SUPERlight!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    We didn't get a combi, but it is very light and suitable from newborn. You can also face baby and face away with some of the models. However, it didn't seem as sturdy for long walks on bumpy roads. I think they're perfect for going shopping though.

sunrays is offline Registered User
    I used a Graco. Very light, folds with one hand and easy to carry up stairs if need be. Have a Maclaren now and don't find it as convenient...can't carry it easily. Seems silly but kinda important in HK!!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Combi for sure. I have a well-comfort - 4.2 kgs without baby - the lightest I have tried when I was pregnant. It folds up with one hand - indispensible for daily life, especially as you`ll be holding your baby for a long time while folding your stroller. I`ve used it since birth and my son is now 1.5 yrs. It folds down to 170 degrees, and the handle switches the forward facing, though I don`t find the steering as sturdy. The only complaint is that the wheels are small so it doesn`t handle curbs and bumps with flourish. I couldn`t imagine using one of those bigger strollers - I can go everywhere with mine, no limitations, which is very nice in HK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast