Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Acid Reflux

Suv is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Ladies, I HAVE to give you an update! I am SO excited!! The baby loves solid food! His mouth always opens for it. It took him a week to figure out the art of "chewing" and swallowing. I also put him on a schedule, saw an osteopath, homeopath and a naturopath, still on takepron too, hired a night nurse, saw a doc for PND just in case (he said it was all sleep deprivation), got new bottles of gripe water and Infacol. Fungal infection has finally gone, he gets infacol before a feed, gripe water after a feed to help him burp, no more swaddling, is sleeping on his tummy- he has been a happier baby for over a week! 3 days ago I also stuck him in with his older brother (22 months) and lo and behold- 2 nights and they are both sleeping through the night inspite of occasional screaming and crying by any one of them!!:D I fill up him up in the afternoon/ evening like nobody's business and he gave up his night feeds/ wakings without too much of a fight. Cross your fingers.... hope it stays this way!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    fantastic news! we weaned our son on the earlier side b/c less liquid means less reflux. Great news to hear! I am sure your bub is so much happier!

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    my reflux baby was was weaned at 17 weeks (i waited until 6 months with my first). it made such an improvement to the reflux.
    glad its all going well for you suv
    those early months with reflux are tough. i have an easy baby 3rd time around and what a difference! Im actually enjoying him :o)

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    Yau Ma Tei
    Good news Suv :) Hope it continues.

Aussie mum, I saw earlier that you mentioned your baby with reflux would wake in the night to comfort feed. My 1 year old (tomorrow hehe) has been doing this every 2 - 3 hours for a few months now. I am sooo tired of it. He doesn't eat solids well, just chews it and spits it out. Lately he has been doing that swallow back thing you hear reflux babies do a lot and he's vomited a few times again in the past weeks. I'm wondering if it's his reflux coming back as he had it when he was younger until about 7 months. Are there any other symptoms you experienced with yours that could help me identify whether it is reflux or something else bothering him??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12