Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr Ghosh new assistant doctor Dr Lam

judithoj is offline Registered User

Dr Ghosh new assistant doctor Dr Lam

Hello

I am wondering if anyone has had a delivery with Dr Lam - the new doctor assisting Dr Ghosh?

We used Ghosh the first time round and absolutely loved him. However, we are a little uncertain the second time round as there is no guarantee he will be there during delivery (following his sick leave he has split his duties with another doctor).

Any experience of Dr Lam to share?

Thanks
    JD

tammy_s is offline Registered User
    Hi there

I am also wondering about Dr Lam. I have an appointment to see her in a week or so and wondered what she was like?

Have you been to see her or had any information from anyone about her?

Thanks

Hi

I have hadn't any feedback yet from anyone else.

I am 18 weeks pregnant. Apart for the 12 week scan which Dr Ghosh did, I have had Dr Lam. So far I am indifferent. She hasn't done anything to put me off but on the other hand I am not filled with same confidence which Ghosh instills! At my 12 week scan with Dr Ghosh, he talked to me about her. He has 100% confidence in her and said he wouldn't hand over his patients to just anyone. He regards her as one of the best consultants at Queen Mary (where she is a resident doctor) and has basically been trained by Ghosh. My main concern is she looks young and therefore I wonder how much labour experience she has.

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Good luck!

Judith.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    I had Dr Ghosh for my second delivery and loved him. Chose him for my third delivery, but he had his health scare when I was about 26wks pg. I saw Dr Lam for my next appt. Like Judith, I guess I was indifferent. She didn't set my world on fire and I didn't feel any rapport with her - but she seemed competent, happy to discuss things and happy to follow my birth plan.
    If Dr Ghosh hadn't come back to work, I'd probably have stayed with Dr Lam as I trust Dr Ghosh and would assume he'd made the best choice for his associate.
    Luckily, Dr Ghosh recovered well and starting taking his old patients back. He did my delivery and again was great. Perhaps because it was my third child, I felt fairly relaxed about the fact that it could have been Dr Lam at the delivery.
    That doesn't really answer your original question re a birth experience with Dr Lam - sorry!

SS2010 is offline Registered User

Questions/Contact info

hello

Can some one gimme contact info of Dr. Lam ( Dr. ghosh's associate ) It was mentioned that she is a resident doctor at queen mary. does that mean if i go to her for my private checks, i could still go to QMH and get her as my delivery doctor?

also do we need to have a referral to see her for the initial check up/Scan etc?

please advise

Hello SS012 - I only have contact for Dr Lam at the Veritas Medical Centre (which is Dr Ghosh's clinic). I am going to the Matilda so I'm not sure how it works if you want to see her in her capacity as a Queen Mary resident. It's my understanding that if you go to QMH, then you get the doctor who is on call and you can't call in a doctor - but I'm not certain. For what it's worth, Veritas reception number is 28773118. Good luck.

Hello Honkyblues and Tammy S

Thank you both for your replies. I had my 20-week scan last week with Dr Ghosh. He told me he is almost back to full capacity and hoping to do all his deliveries. Routine scans are left with Dr Lam. He has assured me he will be doing my delivery (except if he has an emergency surgery at Queen Mary which has always been the case). I am feeling a lot better about the situation.

Good luck

Judith.