Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Hong Kong Blog

BLWC is offline Registered User

Talking Hong Kong Blog

Hi fellow mums,

I am mum to an 8 month old boy and I have been living in Hong Kong for 3 years. I have just started writing a blog about my experiences as a new mum in this crazy city and I would love for others to read it and share their experiences with me. There are times when I feel like I'm a a bit mad, I worry too much, I get frustrated over the cultural differences here and others when I'm so in love with my son that I want the world to know about it. I try to be honest and hope to be funny (because you've gotta laugh right?), and informative too. I started writing because I've talked to other mums and it seems we all feel that way sometimes, so this is my way of reassuring myself and others that we're not alone. If you're interested check it out at http://typhoonsandtantrums.blogspot.com It would be great to have someone other than my mum and best friends reading it .

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Looks like a fun blog :)

I started a blog about 6 months ago now (the link is in my signature) - but it's mainly about my pregnancy/parenting journey with a special needs baby. We found out at 17 weeks that her skeleton was not developing correctly and at that stage, the doctors thought that she'd most likely be stillborn or not survive her first day. Fortunately she proved them wrong and is now 9 days old, but she does have a rare form of dwarfism (most of the doctors here have never seen a case before) and is still in NICU. It's been a rollercoaster ride for us!! Anyways if you want to read more you can follow the link in my signature. I'll be following yours too :)

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Wow, both of you guys sound like great mommies! We all just try our best right? I've been a mommy for just over 7 months and it's definitely been a ride for sure!

BLWC is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for passing on the link to your blog. You're very brave for sharing your story while you're going through so much. I will keep reading your blog and wish you and your little girl all the very best.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Thanks - I figured though that with cases like mine, there's no way to hide it... my daughter is already visibly different to most newborns... and a lot of people's attitudes and prejudices etc are based in ignorance... so my aim in being open about it all is to inform family and friends so that they can hopefully be more understanding and supportive. It's been so therapeutic, and I've gotten so much support because of my blog... at times it was definitely "hard" being so open - with openness comes vulnerability, but the benefits to me and hopefully to Maddy are huge :) So in some ways, I blog for selfish reasons - not because I'm brave or amazing or inspiring (although I've been called those things, it feels weird to think of it like that though because that was never my intent...)

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    hiya - i'm on blogspot so just added you. your kiddo is adorable!

ash's mum x