Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Date of C-section

noopbb is offline Registered User

Date of C-section

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anybody could share with me the time difference their Dr recommended for an elective C-section and their actual due date?

Noopbb

carang is offline Registered User
    my second was an elective c-section, in that it was scheduled in the public hospital. there wasn't really much choice for me, i was in a wheelchair in excruciating pain and the doctors couldn't do anything to help. i was on as much pain medication as they could safely prescribe for a pregnant woman.

my due date was March 4 and I had her on February 6. She was in the bottom 2%, but very healthy and was a good feeder, gaining weight at a remarkable rate. she hit the 50% by 8 weeks.

my first was an emergency c-section. i was developing pre-eclampsia and the wanted to get the baby out ASAP. He was due March 3 and was born Feb 12. He was also inthe bottom 2%, a good feeder, but it took him to 9 months to get to 50%.

Good luck with your decision and delivery!

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    I had a c-section for my first due to my personal health issues so for my second I decided to just go with a c-section again. My doctor wanted to wait until I was 38 weeks before going ahead with a c-section. In his opinion by then the lungs of the baby are pretty much fully developed so would be easier on the baby. And also we were carefully monitoring the size of the baby. Anyways, she ended up dropping down pretty early (I think by 30 weeks). The last couple of weeks I was put on bed rest to make sure she didn't come out too early. Decided to go ahead and do the c-section by 37 weeks.

mela is offline Registered User
    I had elective at 38 weeks - the baby got 10 pout out of 10 on the initial evaluations - no probs after that. Today she is in 90 percentile for height and weight. My doctor told me to wait till 38 weeks as it was better for the lungs but if it's due to preclampsia you need to get the baby out when the doc things is right for you.

BabyG is offline Registered User
    I am now pregnant with my second bub and due for my C section at the Adventist hospital on the 24th of this month. I will be on my 38+th week by then. My actual due date in on the 3rd of September =)

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Week 38. Two weeks before official due date.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i am having an elective c-section due to a previous 3rd degree i had with #1. in HK and in singapore, c-sections are done at 38 weeks. In the US, it is normally done at 39 weeks. I am AMerican and have asked my doctor to do it as close to 39 weeks. My official due date is Oct 7 and I will deliver Oct 1.

carang is offline Registered User
    nah... Oct 2, is a much better day! (at leaset for me, it's my birthday!)