Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taking your own urine sample to appointments

Violet A is offline Registered User

Taking your own urine sample to appointments

Hi,
    In Australia, we don't have to carry our own urine samples for doctor's appointments but I found out that in HK you do! So - just wondering what you use to store your urine sample to take it to the appointments? I had to go shopping and look for a suitable container - and found one but it was not very 'user friendly' ie - it was pretty tough to open and close the lid!
    Many thanks in advance!

carang is offline Registered User
    i NEVER did. i just got their test strips and used the toilets int he offices....

rani is offline Administrator
    When I went to Tsan Yuk, 8 years ago they told us to collect the urine in an empty camera film roll (35mm) container. I guess no one buys those anymore.

carang is offline Registered User
    they DID ask me to bring it, but at the time i was living in db and just the idea of carrying urine (in any kind of container) was more than a little off-putting... so i just asked them for the strips, then went into the toilet. no one ever said anything to me about it, so i guess it was ok.

for my second, i was seen by the high-risk team and no one asked me to bring it, they all just assumed we'd use the toilet upon arrival.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I started out taking the sample with me, but when I figured out that if you "forget", they just give you the strips and ask you to pee on them, I just never brought the sample after that. I figured that was better/easier than carrying around urine with me!!

When I DID take the sample with me though, I used an empty Materna vitamin bottle and sealed it in a ziplock bag. It never leaked but I figured better safe than sorry!!

newmother is offline Registered User
    I went to a pharmacy and asked for a container. They gave me the one for pills, the orange one with a white top. It cost very little, I think 5 dollars or something like that.

maizebb is offline Registered User
    only when i visit the public clinic i'm asked to carry along the sample without being provided with the container. at my private clinic i'm always given a new container + ziplock bag at the end of each visit so i ask for one more.
    and yes, you can just tell them you 'forget' and they will just give you the strips and ask you to pee on them. that'll save you the trouble altogether.
    i personally do take sample every time as the midstream urine of ur 1st pee in the morning's supposed to give the most accurate result.

kaikosmom is offline Registered User
    you can usually buy a container specifically for the urine sample at the hospital convenience store. the one i can find at UCH cost about 5HKD. its translucent white with a blue cap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast