Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting Around Town with Two

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Thanks Carey. I actually do want help for a few months, but because my situation is not so straightforward, it actually seems hard to find someone. Plus, if only for my own children's security, I think I want to go the legal route. And that is either only in Cantonese or extremely expensive. I'm still thinking about it.
    The ultimate goal is to leave HK and go back to Canada, but that will have to wait a while.
    In the meantime, I just have to manage. And think of the moms back home. My friend just had #2 and her super active toddler is only 19 months, so I guess anything is possible. But would definitely looooove to get some kind of help just to save my back and my sanity. And maybe sleep a wink or two.
    Thanks for your words~

baffelly is offline Registered User
    I think you can get part time cleaner (legal) for reasonable price. And there were some posts on this forum from baby sitters that you can look into. Or maybe a friend/neighbor's helper is willing to "help" for a few hours every week. Another thought is once the older one reach 2, you can send him to unaccompanied nursery for a few hours a day. He might actually like it if he is an active and social kid.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your ideas, all good.
    All the legal cleaners are still a lot more than what I pay now(which is the average) and the one experience I've had with a legal from an agency was awful - the worst cleaner I've experienced. But a friend told me about www.all-in-one.com.hk who seem more reasonably priced than the others so I might give them a try.
    I've tried scoping out the neighbours' helpers actually. But they are all worked like slaves around here, unfortunately. I know it's not legal, but I would just love to share a helper with someone. But there are almost no expats around here and all the Chinese have their helpers work fuuulllll time.
    The one babysitter on this board that I contacted wanted something like $160 per hr. That kind of scared me off.
    For nurseries, I've been looking exactly for that. Not a serious one where you have to apply a year in advance, have interview, pay deposit, etc, but a more casual one. I think my son would like it. He's quite social and likes to be active. There are few of these nurseries here, however. One I like takes almost half an hour to walk there from here for a 3 hr class (drop off, go home, pick up, walk home all with newborn).
    Nothing is easy:) I still have to think of exactly what I need and look for it (pt help and nursery).

dueJuly is offline Registered User
    shenzheniffer I have pm'd you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12