Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How much milk for 1 year old?

hkmom1 is offline Registered User
    causeway bay

How much milk for 1 year old?

Recently, my son does not want to drink milk at all during the day, only at night when he's tired. How often/much do you give your bubs milk? What are other ways to help them like it more?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    at 1 my daughter drank anywhere from 12-16oz per day with her'd be 3-4 oz in a cup. she really liked using the cup so i gave her different plastic ones everyday to make it more interesting. sometimes if she didn't drink enough i put it into her food - cream sauce, soup, etc. i was quite flexible though...if she had less than 12oz than she'd just have more milk the next day, or perhaps i'd substitute with yoghurt so she got the calcium...

good luck! :)

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    When my son turned one, I gave him milk (formula) three times (when he first woke, before bed and in the afternoon) for a total of 22-23 oz a day. He usually is able to finish it all, but if not, then he would just leave 1-2 oz per meal. But I have cut that down now (he is 17 months now) to a first thing in the morning and last thing before bed bottle and he drinks 17 oz a day. Usually he is able to drink it all, but sometimes leaves 1-2 oz per meal. My son really loves milk (formula though, not fresh milk). I would think if he didn't like it, I would just give him more yogurt or cheese to make up the dairy element of his diet.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    as soon as my son turned 1, we gave him cow's milk. he loved it! At 1 yrs old, he drank milk 3 times a day - @ 21 oz. when he was around 20 months, we cut it down since he was getting calcium through cheese, yogurt and other foods to twice a day during his snack time. We wouldn't count the oz, just would fill up his sippy cup w/straw.

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    since he turned 11 months or so - cows milk twice (morning first thing and night last thing). he has anywhere from 5 to 9 oz depending on how full he is.