Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Employing Indonesian Helper directly

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User

Employing Indonesian Helper directly

We are looking to employ an Indonesian domestic helper who is already working in HK. She currently works for a friend who will be leaving HK, the helper has been working for my friend for 9 months and has just been home to Indonesia.

We would like to do it without using an agency- how do we go about this? I have looked at Immigration website, granted briefly, but is there a source for a contract we can use? Is it just the standard immigration form, plus 4 copies of contract, proof of financial standing and address that we need? Do we need to go to Indonesian consulate first?

Also, any recommendations on where to send her for a medical? and helper insurance?

So many questions... new at this.....

geomum is offline Registered User
    I have a Indonesian Helper and I wanted to hire her directly. I submitted her papers to the Immigration but when I went to get forms stamped from the Indonesian consulate they said I needed to come through an agency no matter what the case. So I had to pay an Agency 1500$ just to get forms signed. Ridiculous as it sounds, its better to hire an Agency and save yourself the leg work. It will cost close to 3000 or 3500$ if you already have a found a Helper (It includes everything) and it cost me close to 2800 $. The Indonesian Consulate gives you a list of Agencies they accept the forms from.

matemate is offline Registered User
    Please note that the Idonesian consulate and the agencies are corrupt, hence you have to go through an agency. They do this in order to charge the helpers an absurd amount of money on their leg, which is then split between the Indo consulate officials and the agency.

I would also the helper how much she paid to the agency on her leg, just so you have the all-in cost.