Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 yo already! Time flies. Formula or whole milk? Cup, Sippy or Straw?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    I never switched to cow's milk at one. Since I had been giving him organic formula since about 9 months or so, and there aren't too many organic cows milk brands out there, I just held off. Then I found organic whole cow's milk and I started mixing it slowly, slowly. Since about 18 months he's been exclusively on (organic) cow's milk(morning, evening bottle) and soy milk (late afternoon straw cup).
    I think people switch at one bc that's when you're 'allowed' to. Sometimes thinner baby's moms will also keep them on formula a bit longer to get them more nutrients.
    I've been giving my son a variety of different sippy and straw cups since about 6 months. Sippy ones were harder but straw was easy once he got the hang of it. He can drink from a cup but it's still very messy and so it's only under supervision. Now he pretty much drinks from straw cups and also one kind of sippy cup (but the old style one where they don't have to suck, it just pours out - that was my fave one for learning).
    If your daughter is already (almost) a year, I personally wouldn't bother with sippy cups because they're too close to bottles. There's a huge variety of nice straw cups out there.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    whole milk from a sippy cup, my son tends to squirt water all over when he uses a straw cup!

lovedino is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    My girl is 14 months old and still drinks formula. Do you all warm up the whole milk before giving it to them?

southside852 is offline Registered User
    nope, we started giving the milk right from the fridge at 12 months.

baffelly is offline Registered User
    My son didn't like fresh milk, especially not cold ones. He's 20 mth still on formula. I find it more convenient to make formula in his room morning and night rather than going downstairs to fridge in kitchen. And we don't have to run to grocery every few days for milk. Should mention he is not drinking that much formula anyway so perhaps he just doesnt like milk too much. Our pediatrician recommend formula over milk till 2 yr with more nutrients.
    Just to throw in a different case here. I dont think its a big deal what kind of milk kids drink if they are growing well, just whatever works for you and baby.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12