Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr Joe Chan

smith is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Dr Joe Chan

I just moved to HK and am currently 14 weeks' pregnant. I saw Dr Joe Chan twice and found that he is really caring, patient and professional. Not sure whether he is good for vaginal birth or C-section. Anyone can share their experience with Dr Chan?

chichi is offline Registered User

Hi, Smith
    Dr Chan delivered my 2 babies. I found him very good and professional. As you mentioned, I echo with you that he is very caring and patient. He always attend my concerns and guide me through to reach my decisions. His bedside manners are also good.
    I think you are in good hands. Don't worry.

southside852 is offline Registered User

my very good friend in hk delivered both her babies with him at adventist and LOVES him. She cannot stop raving about it!

As chichi says, you are in very good hands!

KMK
    KMK is offline Registered User

I am afraid that I did not have a good experience with Dr Chan and have now had to change obstetricians as a result. I would definitely not recommend him. My birth was traumatic at the Matilda and not helped by Dr Chan's questionable conduct on the day.

He then suggested surgery and general anaesthetic as the only viable option to remove painful granulation tissue that had formed at site of my episotomy. This has since been treated successfully by another doctor without having to resort to surgery. As you can imagine as a new mum the last thing I would want is to go under the knife again. Therefore, my experience of Dr Chan has not been a good one and I'm now far happier with my new obstetrician.

I would definitely not recommend him.

smith is offline Registered User

Thank you for all your comments. It happens that my 2 others friends had their babies delivered by Dr Chan in the recent months. They both spoke highly of him. Their experience were excellent. My other friend is a nurse working in the Matilda. She mentioned that Dr Chan has very good surgical skills and he is the person to be called for help by other obstetricians when difficult and emergency situations arise.

I did see 2 other doctors, often being referred in this forum. I still think that Dr Joe Chan is the best among them. He is pro-natural and very caring. There are also many very good comments for Dr Chan in the other threads in this and other forum.

piper is offline Registered User

De. Chan was my doctor last year and he was EXCELLENT. Very caring (especially to a first time mom with a million questions). Would recommend him.