Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

preschool Kowloon Station?

dueJuly is offline Registered User

preschool Kowloon Station?

We are considering moving to Kowloon Station.

If I DO NOT want to send my 2 y/o to PIPS, what are my other options for an international playgroup/preschool in the area?

Thanks!

dueJuly is offline Registered User

Hmmmm. Does everyone who lives in Kowloon Station send their little ones to PIPS?

mcdill is offline Registered User

You can try the preschools near Olympic Station which is one train ride away eg Victoria Harbour Green or Learning Habitat.

geoyoungdaddy is offline Registered User

Yeah.. I would not even call PIPS a kindergarten. It is seems that it's just a too expensive plaground which can be used 3-4 hours per day. No full day option, no day sleep (if you choose for your kid to stay 2 sessions a day), and if you are choosing 2 sessions per day, god knows how much it will cost you (for what?!) and the kid will be doing the same thing at pm session what he was doing at am session. I mean the location is just wonderul, why no normal kindergarten!? At least there has to be some alternative to pips.

For Kowloon Staitioners the option is TST (have not seen any), Olympic (not the best choise), Whampoa (kindergartens are OK) or Kowloon Tong (I've seen really nice and big kindergartens there with all the options, but it's not convinient to live there and far from centre/work).

zowietan is offline Registered User

I'm currently sending my 2 y/o to Anfield in Laguna Verde in Hunghom. It's not a full day nursery, but so far, my son seems to like it. I take him to school via the minibus from the Kowloon Station, so it's not too bad. My son was admitted into PIPS, but I saw way too many bad comments about that school, so I gave his seat up.

sansaneveritt is offline Registered User

what were the bad comments? its a choice for me.

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Why would no offering of a full day session (including nap time) render it a bad preschool? Not everyone sends his/her 2 yo to school for a full day. Surely the credibility of a pre-school is judged by more than that.

I don't know about other preschools (I am sure there are better ones) but we are very happy with pips. My daughter loves going to school every morning. She has many friends (and parents) who live here in this small community and it's great to see friends as we walk around.

We did consider sending her to other more 'well known' pre schools in other areas but figure that at that age it is more about social play, playing, singing etc and it's not worth it to ferry her to a place far away just for that. Pips is right at our doorstep and the convenience is a huge plus. Both her English and mandarin teachers are good too.

I may be wrong choosing convenience, that's my humble two cents :)