Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby suddenly does not take long sleep

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Baby suddenly does not take long sleep

I don't know if it is related, but yesterday my 6 week old got his vaccination (6 in 1 and PCV10), then last night, he kept waking up every 1 or 2 hours, when he usually just wake up twice (at around 3am and 5am).

Last night after he finally fall asleep at 10:30pm, he woke up at 12am, 1:30am, 3:30am, 4:20am, 6:00am. When he woke up at 1:30am, we noticed that his temperature was a little bit high (38.1C), so we gave him some Panadol.

His fever seems to be gone, and he looks fine and active. But he is still not sleeping well. Just an hour ago (1pm) I could get him to take a nap on his bed, but he woke up in half an hour (this morning he just slept for 1 hour when I took him out for a walk on his carrier). Now I just fed him, swaddled him and put him back on his bed again. He seems tired and looks like he is struggling to get some sleep. He is not crying, but making lot fussy sound and keeps waking up and trying to get back to sleep.

Is this normal after vaccination?

carang is offline Registered User

a couple of things:
    1) 38.1C is not really that high. i probably wouldn't give panadol until it gets closer to 39C, especially when he's so little.
    2) 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months: that's the old saying for growth spurts, during which time, you can expect baby to wake and feed more often.
    3)if he's just had a vaccination, it seems normal.
    4) very soon, your baby will start to be awake a lot more often and will therefore want/need a little more stimulation.

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Thanks Carang!. Yes, it seems to be related to the vaccination. Now he is sleeping much better, although last night still woke up at 1:30, 3:30 and 5:30 (after he felt asleep at 11pm), he went back to sleep at 1:30 and 5:30 after I patted him for a minute or so. He just had a feed at 3:30.

Vrindavan is offline Registered User

>> Is this normal after vaccination?

normal side effect of vaccination

~~~