Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Moving to Hk - still in time to book hospital bed for delivery??

theresag is offline Registered User

Moving to Hk - still in time to book hospital bed for delivery??

Hi to all,

I was hoping somebody would be able to shed some light on having a baby in HK. I'm moving to HK next month and will be around 15 weeks by them. I've an appointment with Dr Patrick Chan on the 08/10 (first available), so by my calcs I'll be getting on to 18 weeks by then, due in March. What I was keen to know is if this will be enough time for the Dr. to book me in to Matilda or the likes? thanks so much to anyone who can enlighten me.

janehk is offline Registered User
    Have you asked Dr Chan's office if they can book you into the Matilda in advance of actually seeing him, or tried calling the Matilda directly? 15 weeks is quite a bit later than most people would make their reservations so I would see what is possible to reserve before you arrive...

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Hi theresa,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and soon to be move! As far as I know it will depend on his ability to get you a bed as they do tend to fill up quite quickly. It may be that you will have to go on a waiting list.

If I were you I would maybe see if it would be possibe and OK with Dr Chan to have your current doctor fax a letter to Dr. Chan to confirm pregnancy etc and maybe he could put you on the list before your first appointment, but not sure if a HKID would be needed before you can book, or if you even have insurance etc.

Good luck!

theresag is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyH View Post
    Hi theresa,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and soon to be move! As far as I know it will depend on his ability to get you a bed as they do tend to fill up quite quickly. It may be that you will have to go on a waiting list.

If I were you I would maybe see if it would be possibe and OK with Dr Chan to have your current doctor fax a letter to Dr. Chan to confirm pregnancy etc and maybe he could put you on the list before your first appointment, but not sure if a HKID would be needed before you can book, or if you even have insurance etc.

Good luck!
    Thanks so much for both replies. I'm going to get on and see if I can arrange something before we arrive. I was thinking the easiest option for me would be to email Dr Chan but have had no luck finding a direct email address for him or fax # come to that. Was interested to know if anyone could direct me to finding this info. Thanks again.
    Last edited by theresag; 08-28-2010 at 05:05 PM.