Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Potty Training Boys

southside852 is offline Registered User

we started PT yesterday and my son has yet to get in the potty (lots of clean up), BUT he's gotten much better at holding. The first 2 hours, he must of peed about 4 times and by the end of the day, he had his legs together holding it in so I guess that's improvement in terms of having more control of his bladder. We are going to give it through Monday and if he's still not getting it, then I think we will postpone until winter holiday when my son turns 3.....I know boys are delayed in general but the only pressure we really have is for the American School in August 2011 who says your child must be potty trained for pre-school.

happyflipper is offline Registered User

My LOL is 2 yr and 9 mths and not yet potty trained but we think he is ready now. Tried potty training during the summer holidays but he fell ill with Hand Foot Mouth and was not interested. Now he says Poop when he is going to poop and when I ask him if he wants to sit on potty - he is already done it in the diaper. So I must be quick to sit him down on the potty or toilet.
    But the hardest is getting him to say Pee as he think it is still ok to pee in the diaper and that the running water in urinal in the boys toilet is a waterfall ! Dont know what to do! We tried him peeing standing up but shall we do this sitting down first in the toilet first and not the urinal as he gets confused? I am praying that he get potty trained soon as he just started K1 . Luckily there has no big accident in school so far....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123