Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Giveaway ZAiA Tickets for the Family

carang is offline Registered User

i would NEVER "give" my kids to the air hostess to care for... they have enough to worry about, like people's safety, to be taking care of MY kids.

i do the same things that mambo does.

monicaw is offline Registered User

Must Bring for my boy 2.5yr:
    - sleeping pal (his cuddly toy)
    - a throw (blanket)
    - his favourite book

And let him carry some of his own stuff, he will feel proud having his own backpack!

Luke's mom is offline Registered User

Our Family Travel Tip is to send everything in advance to wherever you go so that we don't need to carry heavy baby things all the time!

hkmom1 is offline Registered User

Overnight flights. For long flights, I always try to book a redeye to insure maximum sleep time.

sherms28 is offline Registered User

Always plan ahead when travelling with kids and family, where to go, play and what to bring.

i have 2 kids, a soon to be teen and an infant.

for my teen-to-be
    make sure she brings her PSP, iPOD, Word Search and a Book to read and her mobile phone

for my infant
    bring enough Milk, Diaper, towel, Portable DVD with his favourite show to watch, comfort towel, extra clothes, pacifier (if needed), activity book, paper and crayons for him to scribble with, his favourite toy car.

In general, i'd pack first aid, general medicine, thermometer. hand sanitizer, wet wipes, extra print of e-tickets just in case and medical cards.

Last edited by sherms28; 09-16-2010 at 05:26 PM.

babymama is offline Registered User

Smile

1. I try to remember to request baby/child meal when booking a trip. Somehow, some travel agents don't book these for you.
    2. I'd make sure to make copies of all important documents like passports and IDs, also of credit cards, in case they got lost or stolen. Put the copies in another bag/luggage.
    3. Carry extra passport size photos of everyone on the trip. Sometimes needed for visas in some countries, even on arrival.
    2. Try to research and save important phone numbers of the place you are going to visit in advance, i.e. emergency numbers, your hotel number/info.
    3. Get my son to choose what he would like to pack in his little backpack. Couple toys, 1 comfort item, 1 book and colouring book with crayons. He feels very proud of himself and happy to carry his things.

Cheers

Paru Vohra is offline Registered User

My family travel tip is to take a lot of patience and humour with you - and the ability to make something out of nothing !

Paru

mariantx is offline Registered User

Having traveled a lot by myself with our two little ones (now 1.5 and 3.5), most recently a 24 hour trip from CA to Hong Kong, I have learned a few things:
    - Bring a front carrier for the baby, you need your hands free. I love the Ergo baby carrier! It has a pocket with room for wallet (good size one even!), passports, tickets, itinerary, etc.
    - Always pack your carry-on for the what ifs. What if we get stuck on the runway for 2 hours? What if someone throws up/poop explosion/dumps a cup of water. This means, plenty of snacks, small toys, diapers (I pack about 1 per hour traveling, I do NOT want to run out of diapers!), lots of wipes, and several changes of clothes.
    - Planning, planning, planning. My husband sometimes makes fun of me for this, but he sure enjoys the fact that I know good eats, what to do, opening hours for museums/parks, etc.
    - If you need to eat right around the time of a flight, try to save it for on the plane (and bring finger foods that take a while to eat). Kills at least half and hour of flying time :-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast