Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Giveaway ZAiA Tickets for the Family

snagito is offline Registered User
    We actually bring no toys/books as find it a hassle to keep track of them etc while traveling. We try to make games out of what we find on the airplane or bus or train - for example we get the kids to tear pictures out of the duty free magazine and play 'shop' - one child sells to the other - quite fun as can name their own price etc. What we do bring is Scotch Tape, Blu Tack, Band Aids - I always have these in my handbag, as my kids will use the scotch tape to stick things to the window, Blu Tack to stick things to their tray, and bandaids to play vet with their stuffed animals that they bring to sleep with - or sometimes hubby and I pretend we are ill (quite easy really on those long flights!) and the kids then 'look after' us - bandaids, blankets, pillows etc and then we have to 'rest' - which means we put the blindfold thingy on and then they can't disturb 'the patient' for a while. Another top travel game we have is the Flight Night Silence Competition. We play this before going to sleep on the plane: The rule is to be absolutely quiet no matter what anyone does - so no talking at all, no laughing and shouting and giggling --for example- I say things like 'Oh look, there is a purple dinosaur coming out of the bathroom wearing pink shoes', and then usually one child says 'Where Mama? Where? I want to see it?' -then they are out of the game! Winds them up for a bit and then someone who is playing really well usually falls asleep with the effort of being quiet..

papahk is offline Registered User

surprise them!

we always bring a NEW (not extravagant) toy/book that she hasn't seen before, and pull it out if there is any sign of fussing...she tends to stay preoccupied with it for much longer than her familiar ones

Klaemme is offline Registered User

Set your expectations low...

and expect everything to take three times as long. That way, even if you only end up leaving the house for half an hour, you have still achieved something and hit your goal! Remember, the journey can be as much fun as the destination - try to relax and enjoy it.

ania8888 is offline Registered User

best tip - dont forget a blanket and socks for aironditioned HK

I always pack a pair of socks and take a blanket for my toddler. No matter a local taxi, bus, a ferry to Macao, or a long haul flight. The smell of home and a familar comfort makes my girl settled and the trip just gets easier.

msmslau is offline Registered User

travel tips

i learned a hard lesson for taking my 14 month old to Italy. since then, I limited my travel time to 2 hour on the plane only if you still have a toddler in your family. This makes our trip a lot more relaxing. after all, kids at a young age are just happy to be with mom and dad no matter where we go. And yes, it helps if they get to have their own little backpack to keep their crayons and stickers.

Spindlewards is offline Registered User
    If flying with infants and toddlers, breast feed / bottle feed on take off and landing to help relive the pressure in their ears - saves alot of screaming!

steamedfish is offline Registered User
    lovely! thanks guys. My husband and I can't wait :)

Sweetpee is offline Registered User
    My biggest tip is to bring lots of baby wipes! I bring both the regular water ones (for wiping baby's hands and face) and also the disinfectant ones. They are so good for wiping down airplane trays etc before baby starts eating, and also great for wiping the chairs, baby's clothes, etc after baby finishes eating! I just went traveling to Canada with a one year old and my baby was weaned with blw, so she makes a huge mess with food and refuses to be fed! Baby wipes saved my clothes (great for getting out stains too!) and saved us from getting dirty looks from the air stewardess. It's also great for wiping down her favorite stuffed toy after she's dragged it all over the floor of the plane and decides to cuddle it to sleep!

To entertain her, we pack lots of new and favorite toys. We also get the free kid's packs from the plane and try to work our way through each one. And we sing kids songs (softly) along with our iPhone loaded with favorite clap along songs. Our bb would not wear headphones so we could only play the songs out loud (softly) to entertain her. Might be annoying to other travelers, but it's better than her crying out from boredom!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast