Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

mariac is offline Registered User
    hi SydneyGal!

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that our group is growing. We'll set up some sort of meeting hopefully after we've all completed our 12 weeks or so.

I'm in my 11th week now and still feel morning sick, so hang in there. Now I have an additional symptom on top of the morning sickness...I'm getting hungry more often. But it's a kind of nauseated, acidic feeling when it comes so that I know my stomach is empty but I still don't feel like eating.

Are you giving birth in Australia? Is this your first?

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Congrats all you april moms! Mariac, I think it's a good sign that you're getting hungry...how's the appetite? Hopefully the acidic feeling will subside soon...I could never eat much though even after the nausea went away...maybe that's a good thing? I still don't have my appetite quite back, but when I do want something...it's carbs and vegetables. My nausea went away after about 14 weeks...we're almost at 11 now. Whoohoo! Have you tried the seasickness bracelets? You can buy them at WAtson's or mannings.

SydneyGal is offline Registered User
    Hi mariac! At this stage yes I'd like to go home for the birth but will depend on hubbys work situation. Yes this is my first and I'm scared!!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Banane 76 - thanks for the bracelet suggestion. If they work, then I gotta try them! I can't eat too much at a time either. My doctor told me to eat sth every 2 hours or so, before I start getting the acidic hungry feeling and it's kind of exhausting!

SydneyGal - I think it'll be great if you can go back to your home country for birth if just to put your mind at ease. Are you seeing any doctor here?

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey Sydneygal,
    I think it would be great to have an option of different places you can have your baby, ie. birthing centre versus hospital. Here you have less choice...but like you said, it really depends on the flexibility of your hubby's job. I was working with the first as I am now and it makes it difficult so we decided to have the baby here.
    Mariac, try the bracelets, they do work...I just can't use them as much with my job as I can't wear them while I massage.

Thank mariac and banane76.

No I don't have a ob here although I'm wondering if I should see someone for my 12 week? My ob back home said if we plan to keep the baby no matter then we don't need to have 12 wk scan but I'm nervous to announce I'm pregnant without confirming all is ok first in case something happened between my 7 week scan and 12 weeks.... IMO ly 8w1d at moment but not sure what to do.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apologies for typos....autospell on iPhone is annoying!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

SydneyGal,

I can understand your hesitation about getting a 12 week scan. I too think that scanning should be limited. I had one at 10 weeks and my next one is scheduled at 14 weeks. I am also planning to make the official announcement after the 14th week scan. It is more reassuring that way somehow. But after that, my next scan will be between week 20-22 so there will be a longer break. The other option, if you really want to avoid the 12 week scan is to go to a midwife (you can try Annerley) and have them check the heartbeat with a doppler. I am considering this too, though I must admit it is very tempting to do the scan. I love seeing the baby, the heartbeat and the movements...but at any rate, those are some options. Hope this helps!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast