Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

mariac is offline Registered User
    Btw, are any of you feeling gassy/gas cramps and heartburn? It is the most frustrating part for me! My OB asked me to drink ginger water every morning but it still comes back later in the day and makes me so uncomfortable when I go to bed at night. i think i should exercise more regularly but not much energy yet! :treadmill

banane76 is offline Registered User
    I get gassy pain and I find making some ginger tea with fresh ginger root and honey helps me. It also helps with the nausea. I had that in a thermos next to the bed so I had it all the time. I don't have the energy yet either for exercise...I find playing with my 8 month old gives me enough of a workout for now, but would like to get back into yoga and fitness when the energy levels get back to normal.

Sydneygal, if you want a scan at 12 weeks, go for it or get the fetal heart monitor check with Annerley so no scan, but you can hear the heartbeat? We are getting the Oskar test done, so we'll be getting the scan done at around 13-14 weeks, and then the next one is 20 weeks.

SydneyGal is offline Registered User
    Excuse my ignorance but who or where is annerly? Sorry.... I feel like a bit of a dummy with these things....

Mariac....I'm not gassy yet but I'm sure that will come soon....
    Posted via Mobile Device

SydneyGal is offline Registered User
    Ignore my question.... Just looked them up and def worth looking into... Thanks gals
    Posted via Mobile Device

hkmum3 is offline Registered User
    Hi Mariac and all the other ladies due in April.

Sorry its taken so long to get back on here. I'm now 9 weeks, I had a scan at 8 wks and all is well so far. I saw Dr Jennie Ng in Melbourne Plaza, liked her a lot and will go there again for a 12 week scan if Queen Mary does not provide one, as this is where I am having my antenatal care and giving birth.

I have been really suffering this time round with gas and indigestion also, something I usually only experience in late pregnancy, so that together with the nausea and tiredness (and hot weather) is making this first trimester the hardest of my three pregnancies. Some are saying this means it must be a girl this time but I'm not so sure!

Hope you are all doing well and apologies again Mariac for taking so long to get back to you.

Good luck everyone! xx

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone! how are we all on this (another hot and humid) Saturday morning!

SydneyGal - I am also from Sydney and had my daughter at Royal North Shore Hospital last year..(which was brilliant) and this time around, we are looking at giving birth at Princess Margaret Hospital with some public/ private antenatal care. I was booked into do the Oscar test at PMH but decided to go private as you get the results in an hour compared to having to wait two weeks if you get it done at PMH. Also, you get a DVD and photos of the scan - how can I resist that! If you are interested, here is the website: http://www.feminahealthcentre.com/charges- I heard excellent reviews of Dr Shell F Wong and we will find out next week.

mariac is offline Registered User
    Hello again everyone,

I can't wait for this hot weather to subside! Makes it so hard to feel motivated for walks outside.

banane76 and hkmum3 - good to know I'm not the only gas pain sufferer here! Once in a while I get little jabbing sensations on either side of my lower abdomen and I can't tell whether it's gas or things stretching and making room down there! I should try more ginger tea, I'm a lil lazy about it.

Good luck everyone with your Oscars, hope you get good results! And then soon we can meet...

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Sometimes the lower abdominal "pain" on the sides is your uterus stretching too...I've been getting that lately and I remember that from the first time. Ginger ale, ginger tea, it's all good! Can't wait for the hot weather to subside either. Off to Canada for a couple weeks and then back for my Oskar and then maybe we can get together for tea!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast