Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Hello all April mums! Count me in! It is so good that we get to talk here even though some might find it a bit too early.. :) I have been burping most of the time, thirsty and tired since I found out I m preggy...Lately I find that I feel hot especially at night time and I couldn't help but keep taking cool stuff from the refrigerator. I don't know if this is heartburn (I thought it only happen towards the end of the pregnancy?!) Violet, have u really make up your mind on giving birth at PMH? I been there to registered the OSCAR test and don't really like it there, it seems over-loaded. ( or this is the same for every hospital in HK?) My pvt gyne told us that we need to decide soon whether we r going pvt ( He is attached to Baptist), else there will be no bed for me... Is anyone decided to go back to their home country to give birth?

have a great day everyone!

mariac is offline Registered User
    mavislohsp,

i also feel warm all the time - this is not heartburn. my doc told me this is the escalated metabollic rate (new cells being produced) and also the progesterone effect. the thirst is common too. i get a lot of heartburn on tops of that and STILL throwing up every other day though i'm nearing the end of 12 weeks! i thought about going back to NY to give birth but a) i've got good insurance here and b) i can't deal with not being in my own home during labor and then not being able to bring the baby home after birth, not to mention all the traveling. i think a good birthing experience is possible in HK if you have a good doctor and possibly a doula as well during birth.

i feel like i'm the only one in this group who hasn't signed up for an Oscar...but i'm happy with my decision. if it came down to it, i would not do an amnio based on an "assessment" and my doctor said that if i wasn't open to an amnio then there was not much point in doing the Oscar. either way though, i can understand and respect one's decision to go through with it.

i can't wait for us all to meet!

SydneyGal is offline Registered User
    Hi mariac, I'm not getting an Oscar either... It wouldn't change our decision.

I had a bit of a scare this morning when I woke up bleeding. I rushed to a&e in tears.... They did an ultrasound and I saw heart beating and bleeding has now stopped but it gave me a huge scare....I have an appointment at the early pregnancy clinic tomorrow....fingers crossed everything is ok....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Ladies, I have to admit I m a very ignorant mum-to-be (This is my 1st...). All I know about OSCAR test is testing Down Syndrome and since it is recommended by the gyne and I didn't ask much about it, assumed it is for the good of the baby... SydneyGal, you must be very scared and I could understand cos I have spotting during my first few weeks... Take a good rest, listen to some music to sooth your mind and I'll cross my finger for you...

SyndayGal,

My heart goes out to you right now. I can only imagine how you must have felt and still feeling but as the doctors may have already assured you - this is not uncommon around 8/9 weeks. I think it's a great sign that they found the heartbeat and the bleeding already stopped. Take complete rest and send positive energy to your baby. And do feel free to PM or write messages here if you need to talk anytime - I check pretty regularly. My prayers are with you.

mavislohsp

it's ok you're not ignorant. i tend to ask too many questions and over-research things. the oscar test is neither bad nor good for the baby. what is does is it "makes an assessment" of the risk of down syndrome based on certain factors such as age, race, weight, smoking history, etc. if your risk is high they'll ask you to do an amniocentesis (just google it) which is a risky procedure but which is a more accurate test for down syndrome. If your risk is low then great, they'll just leave it at that. either way they can't really do much about the assessment or the amnio result unless you're open to an abortion following an amnio with a bad result....some people say they just like "knowing" and that's fine too. hope this helps!

btw, is anyone experiencing a little shortness of breath? like it's harder to take a deep/full breath. alas, why am i still getting new symptoms on top of the existing ones!! anyway just wanted to know if anyone else is feeling the same...

Hi mariac,

I do have the same symptom. It happen when I walk for a longer distance or climb staircase, and sometimes after a meal, my heart will start beating faster and difficult to take full breath. I read on the book it said is because our heart has not yet enlarge to coup with the blood needed to pump to our little B...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast