Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

hkmum3 is offline Registered User
    HI Mariac, yeah I've started to show really early this time so people have started to guess but as you say I'm sure its due to bloating more than anything else. The indigestion problems are starting to ease but I'm really feeling the increased effort required to do anything and getting out of breath easily!

Sstella, I always take Pregnacare the whole way through as it has Folic acid for the first trimester and all the vitamins you need throughout pregnancy including Vitamin D which is important. I can digest them ok if I take them after a meal but the other day I took one in the morning before eating and was vomiting within 10 minutes so I won't make that mistake again! Pregnancy definitely makes your stomach more sensitive to everything so take care! xx

smile-ss is offline Registered User
    Hi sstella,
    I am taking Centrum Materna A to Zinc multivitamin(there is already folic acid inside). Just one pill every morning after breakfast. I will keep taking it during the pregnancy and till the end of breastfeeding. My stomach has no problem to digest these pills. But I found my digestive system slows down a lot since I have minor morning sickness. Even drinking a small amount of water can fill up my stomach for 20 minutes, followed by countless burps!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey Ladies, had my oscar test yesterday and we get the results in a few days. So far so good though. Nausea is much better and definitely showing now since this is number 2. I'm taking a prenatal DHA and a multi that includes folic acid. HOpe everyone is doing well!

mariac is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

A warm welcome to all the new moms-to-be that just joined our group. I've been alright - nausea and vomiting started to get better around 12 weeks which was two weeks ago, so those who are still in first trimester, hang in there! However, after 10 days today, out of the blue I felt nauseous and exhausted and even threw up once, so there you go! I suppose there's no given formula.

I am anxiously waiting for my 14-week check-up tomorrow. I keep looking at my belly and sometimes I think I have a tiny bump while other times I am not sure. I mean my upper stomach is bigger than before for sure, but isn't a baby tummy supposed to swell from the lower abdomen up? Maybe I just don't even know what a baby bump looks like! Hahaha! It is my first after all.

I am also taking Materna & MumOmega both of which my doc prescribed. Wish me luck for tomorrow...I'll be in touch after the appointment. Ahhhh this whole pregnancy thing is so nerve-wrecking. Too many worries...!

ssheng is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies - I just did my first checkup and discovered I'm due in May. I noticed a few moms due in May are also responding to the thread, so thought I would join, too. Congrats to everyone!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Mariac, the bump really made its appearance nearer to week 20 for me in the first pregnancy. I'm showing more now because it's number 2. Don't worry, it will show soon!

sstella is offline Registered User
    thanks ladies for all your feedback on the prenatal vitamins. I am not taking them right now cause my stomach is super sensitive. As a result i end-up worrying if between eating less, nausea and sensitive stomach whether the baby is getting enough nutrition!?

I am in my 11th week and i have a slight bump. It looks interesting as the rest of my stomach is flat.
    Good luck with your testing Mariac!!

mariac is offline Registered User
    sstella, congrats! you might want to at least consider folic acid if nothing else as it prevents birth defects but it's totally up to you. some women do fine without them.

thanks banane76 for the kind words - my doctor assured today that since i am not quite 14 weeks yet and this is first baby it would be rather unusual to expect a bump or baby movements etc. the gas/acidity bump is there though - nice and big! hahaha.

anyhow the check-up went beautifully and looks like everything is in good shape! my doc even was able to make a pretty good guess on the baby's gender though it's only an 80% correct guess at this point. anyone else had their baby's gender looked/guessed at by their docs?

we should think about meeting soon - what do you ladies say?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast