Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

luckymama is offline Registered User
    Hey all! So happy to see so many mothers here!

I'm due 26/4/10 but my scan was bigger then LMP so my OG dr is still adjusting the date.

How are you gals gonna deliver your babies? C-section or vaginal?

It's my first and i heard many horrible stories on vaginal that i'm scared. Things I heard include loose lower part which affect sex life, frequent urination and bigger hip, not even mentioned the pain. I've booked Advertist but I still haven't decided.

I had my last scan at 11week. Are your dr predicting the sex already?

I am very lucky coz i dont have any morning sickness at all and eating very well. I bough one pair of maternity jeans today! so happy coz I couldn't put on the button of my own jeans!

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    hi hi, greeting to all mummy! My EDD is on 23 Apr 2011 and today is the exactly 12 weeks for my baby, yay! I couldn't hold the secret anymore and start calling home telling mums and siblings, they are all very excited and happy for us. Am going back hometown for a month to eat local delicacy to ease my craving, :) hurray!

mariac is offline Registered User
    welcome luckymama and congrats mavislohsp!

luckymama - this is my first baby so i can't speak from experience. but i can't imagine that something as natural as giving birth is "bad" for you. complications can happen but believe me there are enough horror stories about c-section related complications as well. you are indeed lucky to avoid the morning sickness though. :)

mavislohsp i hope you have a great time at home (where is home for you anyway?) and do keep us posted. i'm also very happy cuz my mom is coming to visit me in HK day after tomorrow!

btw ladies, please give me some tips on good maternity clothing stores here. i need to get some pants! i may not have a hard bump but my hips and waistline are certainly are bigger! also, i heard that this is the time when one needs to start using cocoa butter and stuff like that to avoid future stretchmarks? anyone has any advice/experience with that?

banane76 is offline Registered User
    There are a few maternity stores, but most are really expensive!!! H and M in Central has some good basics and reasonable, but 9 months on Wellington and Linea Negra on Queen's road are quite expensive. Depends on your budget. They both have nice clothes though.

I did vaginal in my first and it wasn't painless, but like Mariac mentions, c-sections aren't meant to be natural, they're for necessity. There are even worse stories that come with c-sections. Media today hasn't helped put an emphasis on the the beauty of natural birth and focused on the negative. It's not like they do it on tv. Avoid Discovery Home and Health baby stories before your baby is born. Please watch the Business of Being Born. Surround yourself with positive birth stories and ignore those that want to tell you the negative stories. I was sooooo happy that my baby could come out naturally and the pushing part actually didn't hurt. Our bodies are meant to do this and it's sooo beautiful when it happens. You can try Hypnobirthing at Annerley or Kathy Kitzis does Calmbirthing classes. I know so many people that did it drug free. I asked for an epidural after 40 hours of back labour but that was because my baby was sunny side up so it was quite painful and the hypnobirthing exercises did help a lot for me in the early labour. Good luck with your decision!

Anna

sstella is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies,
    My EDD is April 28th, 2011.
    Any ideas were to buy good bras? I can't wear my regular bras without feeling suffocated. Plus underwire is a killer.
    Thanks & good luck everyone for their week 12 checkups!

I saw some at H and M and I also got some at Bumps to Babes. Yea, still off the underwire! Much more comfy without it and also better for milk production.

mariac is offline Registered User
    thanks anna - for the maternity store recommendations. i got comfy homewear at H&M, a nice dress from Linea Negra and good quality casualwear from Bumps to Babes.

sstella - i found good but reasonably-priced maternity bras at Bumps to Babes.

Now to find a good anti-stretchmark oil/cream. previous moms, any recommendations?

I really like Mambino products. You can buy them on the 11th floor of the building with the Starbucks on D'aguilar street...can't remember name of store or building but they have lots of health food products and some baby stuff. They also have a nice baby oil that is good for cradle cap and eczema. You can find the same stuff at Annerley, but you can get a discount at the other store if you join their club. I used it twice a day and had no stretchmarks...but it's partly genetic though. I also like the smell.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast