Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    Hey ladies,

So happy to hear from a lot of April and May moms/moms to be! Had my OSCAR done at 12weeks 6 days and picked up result 3days later. Everything was fine and which, was a big relieve since I have a Down Syndrome sister.
    I have booked Baptist Hospital but like other new moms, I'm actually very scare thinking about if I should give birth naturally or c-section....
    having my 16 weeks scan in 2 weeks something hopefully I will be able to see the sex of my baby~

hkmum3 is offline Registered User
    Hey, mine is 22nd April 2011, not holding out much hope for delivering on time, my first was a week early and the second 2 weeks late!! xx

luckymama is offline Registered User
    Hey I had my OSCAR done yesterday n the dr guessed it's a baby gal!

I bought a nice top at ninemonths.

Does anyone need to wear suits at work? I occasionally do and thinking of what to do.

Will you hire nanny during the first month? I mean "Pui yut"

My dr friend told me that stretch marks are inherited so if your mum has it then u probably will have it
    Posted via Mobile Device

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Yeah stretch marks are partly genetic, but the belly rubs help with the itchiness when stretching. My mom had them, but I didn't get them but of course don't know if it was the creams. I don't have to wear suits, but you could probably get some nice tops and skirts at HandM too?

smile-ss is offline Registered User
    My EDD is 5th May 2011. Have my 12 weeks check-up in 10 days. I am thinking what kind of cream/oil to start to prevent stretch marks. Luckymama, I am happy to hear that stretch marks might be inherited because my mom doesn't have any. But I am pretty slim so I guess my chance of getting stretch marks in the later pregnancy is still high.

A friend of mine used cocoa butter from The Body Shop, another friend recommended edible extra virgin olive oil(but I found it very sticky after applying onto the skin). Do you ladies have some tips of skin care from the early pregnancy to prevent stretch marks? Please share. :)

luckymama is offline Registered User
    My friend used clarnis herbal oil. I am a bit lazy to put it on everyday.

How much weight did u put on so far? I've put on 7lbs. I'm really trying not to eat too much coz I don't wanna be too blown up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

mariac is offline Registered User
    Ladies, whether or not stretchmarks are genetic, I don't think using an anti-stretchmark oil/cream can be of any harm. It can only help so find one that suits your skin (really I think using any good oil is the main criteria here) and use it anyway! At least you'll know you tried. :) I've started using the Mambino firm and tone oil with their body butter as well and it feels and smells nice (though slightly sticky).

Luckymama - congrats on the news of a girl!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey Mariac,

I love the Mambino stuff as well! Smells great and is sticky at first, but then it absorbs. I used it last time and it seemed to help. Congrats on the girl Luckymama...doc said it might be a boy at our oscar, but who knows...he said to wait til the 20week scan.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast