Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

mariac is offline Registered User

Anyone expecting in April 2011?

Hi, is anyone out there expecting to give birth in April 2011? Would love to meet and/or exchange information with women who are around the same stage of pregnancy as myself. Hope to hear from someone!

hkmum3 is offline Registered User
    Hi!

I am due in April 2011 as well and as yet haven't met anyone else due around this time. Would be nice to swap advice and stories as we get bigger!

I'm 31 and expecting my third, I have 2 boys already. How about you?

Look forward to hearing from you x

Hi hkmum3! I am SO glad to hear from you. I know it's early for April moms to be sharing just yet and I'm only 10 weeks along myself. But there are so many changes going on in my mind and body that I just couldn't resist the urge to reach out. I'm expecting my first so everything is very new to me. I'm also relatively new to HK, moved here about 7 months ago. I lived in the U.S. for about 13 years and then Tokyo for about 3 before moving here because of my husband's job. I'm originally from Bangladesh.

Right now I am sort of in the mid stages of morning sickness. The last few weeks I was throwing up a lot. That has eased just slightly but I still have a lot of nausea and extreme fatigue. It's hard to motivate myself to do anything. I am not working right now so I have extra free time and have fallen into a very lazy routine. I try to push myself to go for walks and stuff but it's so hot outside!

How are you feeling? How far along are you? Have you found a doctor yet? You must be pretty familiar with everything that's going on, this being your third.

Very nice to have made contact. Look forward to chatting more.

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Mariac
    Count me in, I am due in April 2011. I had my daughter in Sydney last year and this is my second pregnancy. (Having this baby in Hong Kong scares me to bits!!)

Hi Violet A - good to have you here. I know it's a strange time for those of us who haven't completed 12 weeks yet. We're probably not telling people yet - I know I'm not - and yet there's so much going on. This is my first and having the baby in HK scares me as well. I lived in NY long enough that it's my home and I would've preferred to have the baby there. How did you go about finding a doctor? How many check-ups have you had so far? I have had one initial check-up with Dr. Patrick Chan - he was ok - and I'm going for a second with Dr. Grace Cheung this week. I'm so nervous on so many levels. First, I hope everything will turn out ok and second, there are such varying opinions about every doc here in HK so I hope I can make the right decision.

Btw, do any of you find yourselves overly thirsty at night and waking up a lot to pee? It really breaks up my sleep cycle, leaving me more tired the next day. And I just don't feel like eating ANYTHING. Ugh.

Well, I think we should all continue to chat here and then once we've crossed our 12-14 week markers, we may think about a meeting! I'd like that!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    I'm also due in April 2011 and this is my second. No appetite and very tired all of the time. I'm seeing Dr. Patrick Chan and I think he's great. I had him for my first with the prenatal checkups and then went through the public system for the delivery. My first is only 8 months so a little nervous to have 2 under 2 next year. If you have any questions about having a baby in HK, Hulda from Annerley knows a lot and she can explain it very clearly to you. I can answer some too since it was only 8 months ago that I had the first and have friends that have gone the private route.

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Hi Mariac

We decided to go public - so when I found out I was pregnant, I went to a local doctor who gave me a confirmation letter that I was pregnant and then I went to our local maternal and child healthcentre. I was there for about 2.5 hours and did the urine test, blood test, registration etc. They also booked me into the hospital for 10 weeks check up (which is tomorrow) and 11 weeks scan. I guess given this is my second pregnancy, I am a little more relaxed about it or at least I am trying not to worry too much!

I also wake up thirsty during the night.. and for the loo too.. the joy of being pregnant!

ps - re the ginger buscuits - I found them at our local supermarket Taste - I can't remember the brand but there was only one anyway!
    pps - if you have already had your appointment with Dr Grace, hope it went well.

SydneyGal is offline Registered User
    Hi!!! I am also due in April with my first! I'm currently 7 weeks and 5 days.

I had a scan in syd on Monday and saw a heartbeat which was a relief but won't be returning to aus again until end December....

I am feeling very tired too and have morning sickness every morning which isn't fun! We haven't told anyone except immediate family which is so hard esp at work! It's good to be able to talk about it here ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast