Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

15 month droping one nap---how to consolidate two to one?

carey is offline Registered User
    Hi southside852, I remember reading your post recommending the sleep fairy before. I was going to give it a try but then things got better and I forgot about it. I was not able to connect to the sleepfairy webiste before too. But it works fine now. I will wait for a few days and if things don't improve, I will try to use her service.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    My son is 2.5 years old and his is routine since around 20 months has been:

6:30am wake up
    7:15am: breakfast
    8:45/9am: snack
    11:30am lunch
    12:30pm - 2:30pm nap
    3pm: light snack
    6pm:dinner
    8:30pm: bedtime

He is in school 3 times a week too and they serve lunch at 11:30am to the kids and 10am snack.

carey is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies, just want to let you know that my son finally make the transition to one nap after close to two weeks adjusting. He takes a nap at 1130am for about two hours ( he is napping over two hours today, keeping my fingers crossed).

The turning point came three days ago. That day, he had a good night sleep the night before ( woke up for one feed but went to sleep right away). We thought we would give it a try to stretch him to 1230 for his nap. He only slept for 1.5 hour. The next day, We put him down at 1130 after another good night sleep the previous night, he went down for 2 hours.

Ultimately, we hope he would nap around 12ish, like Southside's son. Here is his schedule for the day for the last two days:

5:45am to 6am: wake up
    630 am: breakfast
    9am: snack
    11am: lunch
    1145--2: nap
    230: snack
    530pm: supper
    630pm: bedtime

Would consider putting him to bed later when he is older. But perhaps wouldn't past 8pm.

Thank you for all your replies.

BLWC is offline Registered User
    Hi Carey,

my son is only 10 months but he has been working towards one nap a day for a while now. He wakes around 6 but we don't get him up until at least 6.30, he plays in his cot and sometimes goes back to sleep. I found that it was easier to cut out night feeds when I started feeding him a lot in the lead up to bedtime. He has a big dinner at 5pm, then oatmeal/porridge for dessert and a big milk feed (bottle) at 6.30, with a full tummy he sleeps much better. During the day we take him out first thing in the morning and he usually has a 15 minute "power nap" around 9-10am. His big sleep for the day is after lunch around 1-2pm. Some days he does without the power nap and sleeps for longer in the afternoon. We found we really had to "teach" him to sleep and watch for the signs that he was tired. He takes some convincing to go down some days but it's worth the effort. I hope you find something that works for you.

http://typhoonsandtantrums.blogspot.com

BLWC is offline Registered User
    Hi FutureHkMom,

My son isn't at this stage yet but I have a friend whose 2 year old naps at 12 for 2-2 1/2 hrs. He has a snack before going to sleep then has his lunch when he wakes up. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12