Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

need your thoughts...

ssheng is offline Registered User

One question - did you find out b/c your husband confessed to you? If so, that's a good thing, so I would advocate not being too hard on him. Anyway at some point your son, who it sounds like favors you over anyone, will be vocal enough to tell you these kinds of things, too.

solidstars is offline Registered User

no i found out cuz he was talking to his mom on the phone and i overheard...

carang is offline Registered User

solidstars, your hubby sounds like a real gem...

my thoughts are with you....good luck, however you decide to deal with this...

BLWC is offline Registered User

Hi there, it sounds like you've worked out how to deal with this situation but I have to make a comment.
    Firstly, I can completely understand your feelings, I'd be pretty annoyed if my husband made a change like that without discussing it with me. Secondly, every baby is different, your baby may always be skinny. If the doctor isn't worried about it and he's not underweight then neither of you should worry about it either. People come up to us and tell us all the time our baby is fat and I get worried sometimes, but he's not overweight and he eats really well so I just ignore them. As long as your baby's happy and healthy that's the most important thing, and your husband should realise that too. Good luck!

http://typhoonsandtantrums.blogspot.com

carang is offline Registered User

as you probably know, i have 2 kids.

my older son has ALWAYS been skinny. he looks like he's skin and bones. he was born early and it took him 9 months to go from the bottom 2% upto 50%, which is where he is now. we have a hard time buiying trousers for him because we need to have the adjustable waists. he's just tall and thin. he's 5.5 years old and weighs almost 40lbs.

my daughter, who is exactly 2 years younger, is solidly built. she's NOT fat, she's normal for her age, but because her brother is soooooo skinny, all of hte chinese people we know say she's fat. i HATE IT! she is average height for her age and weighs only 1 lb less than her brother.

i don't stress about it at all, it's just the way they were made...and they are so little yet, nothing is written in stone as to how they will develop over the next 10-20 years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12