Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Agency who can do the work for me! Helper visa to travel with us

ssheng is offline Registered User

Agency who can do the work for me! Helper visa to travel with us

I figure in HK there must be agencies that specialize in processing visas for helpers on Philippines passports to go with their employers on holiday?

We'd like to bring our helper with us to the US over Christmas, and saw the amount of paperwork involved - want to work with a professional agency to avoid issues.

Any referrals would be extremely appreciated!

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    Unfortunately with a US visa you pretty much have to do it yourself as your helper actually needs to go to the US embassy for an interview and must go alone. I don't think there's anyway around it. So even if you hired an agency to do your paperwork, at the end it really all depends on how your helper does at her interview.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    yes, like the above poster mentioned the US visa is completely different - you have to do all the embassy work yourself and getting her approved is quite difficult. You are not allowed to accompany your helper to the interview either which is always gamble. In Singapore, the employer is allowed to go with the helper, but it's still quite difficult to get approved. The embassy likes to see that your helper has ties back to her homeland as well (i.e. owns property, has children there etc...) and is married. From what I have seen in the past with friends whose helper has been denied they are usually younger, single and have nothing in the PH.

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    Also, forgot to mention, your helper also must have worked for your for at least 1 year. The longer the better. It doesn't state so when you apply but I've heard of other friend's helper getting denied their visa cause they haven't been with their employer long enough.

ssheng is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the info! I guess I will tackle this myself then and hope for the best. My helper has been with us just over a year and has 4 kids and a husband back in the Philippines, so hopefully that rules in our favor.