Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Go Back to home country for birth

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Hi pixelelf,

May I know how long did u stay at SG after you gave birth? Is it ok to bring the new born back to HK immediately or after one month confinement? Do you all know is there any Confinement centre in SG? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pixelelf View Post
    i am preg with my 2nd baby and am going back to sg to birth sometime around 32 weeks. u have to check with the airlines whether they will fly you back. SIA and UA accept right up to 36 weeks i think. but i am going back earlier as my 1st born wanted to see the world at 37 weeks :)

good luck!

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Hi pixelelf,

can i know how long did u stay at SG after you gave birth your 1st baby? Is is ok to bring the new born 1 week after born or probably after the one month confinement? Does anyone know if there is any confinement centre in SG? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pixelelf View Post
    i am preg with my 2nd baby and am going back to sg to birth sometime around 32 weeks. u have to check with the airlines whether they will fly you back. SIA and UA accept right up to 36 weeks i think. but i am going back earlier as my 1st born wanted to see the world at 37 weeks :)

good luck!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    I am delivering at Gleneagles in Singapore in about 2 weeks - c-section. It will cost me about $8-9K SGD to deliver there with a 3 night hospital stay which I personally think is quite high. We were thought it would be around $6K. I have a confinement nanny coming to my house for 28 days. I am not sure how early you can travel with a newborn, but I assume you would not want to do it any earlier than 6 weeks...ideally 8 weeks for health reasons.

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    i delivered with tmc, private room, c sec, cost about SGD$2k+ then i think. will be going back there with the same doc, paul tseng. i did not use any confinement nannies as my dad has knowledge of such things and i had a helper back then to help out. this time round, i am also not going to use any confinement nannies and will be bringing my helper over to help around :)

i brought my first born over when he was 6 weeks. no problem.

carang is offline Registered User
    a friend of mine brought her daughter to hk from oz about 2 weeks after birth. no problems.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    FYI - the hospital stay itself if in a private room at gleneagles for 3 nights is $3,600 SGD which doesn't include your doctor's services so I would think min is $5-6K SGD at Gleaneagles.

carang is offline Registered User
    also forgot to say that i took my two kids to canada (36 hours door-to-door) when my 2nd was 5 weeks old (i had a c-section, too) by myself without problems.

charade is offline Registered User
    Cara, I'm considering taking my baby back to my home country after a month or so. Just wondering - how did you manage the vaccination schedule? I understand in the public system in HK they give a couple of doses at birth and the follow-up dose has to happen in a month. Also, was it easy to complete the birth registration, passport, visa for baby etc within 5 weeks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast