Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Go Back to home country for birth

mavislohsp is offline Registered User

Unhappy Go Back to home country for birth

Hi Ladies,

I am still considering whether I should go back to Singapore to give birth of my first baby. Does anyone have the same experience that can share with me? I am really puzzle now. If I really want to go back and give birth, which month should I go back?

Thank you!

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    i am preg with my 2nd baby and am going back to sg to birth sometime around 32 weeks. u have to check with the airlines whether they will fly you back. SIA and UA accept right up to 36 weeks i think. but i am going back earlier as my 1st born wanted to see the world at 37 weeks :)

good luck!

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    I kinda recall reading SIA's website that they accept pregnant women up to 32 weeks but you will need a letter from your doctor to say that you are fit to fly. If this is your first baby, then I would suggest that you go back to deliver. The hospital system here (both private and public) is a very far cry to what Singapore has to offer.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you would go back to give birth rather than have it in HK? I assume it's financially related.....

The cut off for most airlines is 34 weeks, but you should always have a note from your doctor saying you are fit to fly dated as close to your departure date as possible. I flew back to the states at 27 weeks and returned at 32 weeks. I got a check up the the day before I flew out at 32 weeks and had my OB sign a note. I definitely needed a note and in some cases the airlines has you sign an indemnity note too.

Hi, I am always thinking of deliver my baby in pvt hospital, but it would be at least HKD50K in HK (excluding the prenatal check), accordingly to my HK gyne. And it need to be book around 9th week before it is too late. The price is too steep to us. My singapore friends told me that with the govt subsidy I would need to pay around SGD3K max (and this is the price for c-section). I have quite good experience with Glen Eagle in the past for other medical issue. Last week I went to PMH to register for Down's check up for my baby, the floor is swamped with people. I have been to KK hospital before but I never see this kind of crowd before, that's why I am considering to go back. I don't know if I am over worried, we have tried for almost 3 years for this baby and I am going to 35 next year, so I think I am a bit chicken with the not so familiar hospital system in HK. really appreciate every reply and your time.

carang is offline Registered User
    the public system CAN be busy, but that can be said of ANY hospital ANYWHERE. i was hospitalised 13 times over two pregnancies. there were times that the hosptial was very busy, but other times when i had a ward room (8 beds) all to myself!

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    Mavis, I sent you a PM. Please check.

City Jammer,

I have reply to you on the PM, but I am not sure I successfully send it, pls let me know if you don't receive it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast