Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pregnancy Massage

kip1 is offline Registered User

Pregnancy Massage

I have looked through old threads but most of them are quite old so thought I'd ask if anyone has been anywhere for good massage recently. Body Conscious which many people recommended, has merged with Ellemis Day Spa so not sure if it is the same?
    I'm looking for somewhere that has the proper bed with the hole in it for the bump.
    Thanks!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

I went to Elemis Day Spa once, would be more than a year ago now - have never really forgiven the therapist for "were you always this big or is it the baby" so didn't find it as relaxing as I might!

I hear these guys are good....
    http://sassyhongkong.com/pregnancy-m...d-chan-centre/

banane76 is offline Registered User

JVN-wow! I can't believe the therapist said that to you about your body. I'm a therapist at Sutherland-Chan Centre and we have a pregnancy cushion to accomodate your growing bump and having been pregnant last year, I found it quite comfortable and a nice change from lying on your side all of the time. All the therpists are qualified to give pregnancy massages so you can be confident you're in teh best hands! The phone number is 2544-5838 :)

lisa88 is offline Registered User

You can try Serena Fung at CWB: mobile 93748144. www.beautescents.com She is a trained masseur & aromatherapist. I went to her and was very happy with her. Her rates are reasonable too, and she does house calls if you prefer. Very knowledgeable and nice lady, not pushy. She takes mums who are >6 mths pregnant. You lie on your side and she uses a cushion.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

The Grand Hyatt has a great one where you lay on your side on a futon - sooooo good, but it's probably more $$ than other ones around. It's a real "spa" kind of massage though rather than just a "clinical" massage - but sometimes we want a bit of that right? ;)

mrstee is offline Registered User

I just went for one last week at the Four Season and they had a very interesting cushion that was made for pregnant Moms so we can lie down on our tummies. It was GREAT!!! And you don't lay flat on your back once you flip over because the bed can tilt your back up and keep your legs bent like a hospital bed..but a super fancy luxurious one! I highly recommend it. A splurge...but feels great!

lalligirl is offline Registered User

I went to physiomotion (in central) & had a myotherapy massage. they had a pregnancy cushion...& although it's more therapeutic than relaxing, i felt fabulous afterwards & went back for another one the following week!