Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where else to explore in HK?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Where else to explore in HK?

My mom is coming again for the nth time, i'm running out of places for her to visit. Are there any other places that you recommend aside from the normal tourist attraction.....we haven't been to outlying islands like peng chau, tai o, tai po, etc. She doesn't like to walk far nor shop. Nice relaxing scenery would be an option. Got 2 small kids too. Is the snoopy's world in shatin worth going? It's quite far from our place.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

carang is offline Registered User

tai po is NOT an outlying island! LOL! it is in the NT after sha tin....

snoopy's world NOT worth a trip, basically just a playground with a snoopy theme.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

We liked cheung chau island but not a lot to do there.
    Kadoorie farm, tai tong lychee park, little egrets park.
    We have a really hard time finding things to do here with kids. We are a bit over it, to be honest.

steamedfish is offline Registered User

the buddha cable car is must!! otherwise just little unique neighborhoods like kowloon city, kennedy town, soho area are all nice. And for some reasons all the grannies that I played host to love horseracing!

shaanmom is offline Registered User

how about a lovely walk along the west kowloon promenade? you can hire bikes for the kids (or they can bring their own bikes/scooters/skates etc) or just enjoy the playgrounds there. You can also take a blanket and have a little picnic on the grass (shocking, but true!). it will be nice when it dries up, sunset is lovely out there.

penguinsix is offline Registered User

I like the Museum of Coastal Defence. It's an old Victorian-era fort on HKI and the kids can run around a bit and explore. It's a bit quiet out there though kind of sunny. Shau Kei Wan MTR station (I think that's the same station that has the mini-buses to Shek O, if you want to take here down to the Southern end of the island for a day on the beach.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

This month's Timeout HK has all the nice parks you can visit in HK! It's an awesome spread. I was surprised by the selection! I read it at the Pacific Coffee near my place. Try and get a copy or see if you can get it online.

“If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

Scroll to top