Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FYI: IVF in Hong Kong vs. the United States

Gracey is offline Registered User

I'm doing IVF with Dr. Clement Chan after 3 failed rounds of IUI. The price will be about HK 70,000, or less than US $10,000.
    He is being very, very careful about overstimulation and monitoring me every day. (In the States I think it's more common to do your own shots and just go in for occasional ultrasounds. In comparison, I'm doing bloodwork and scans daily).
    I'm actually quite fertile, so overstimulation is a problem. I'm on the lowest possible doses of Gonal-f and after 8 days of shots, I have 18 follicles, which he's a bit worried about. So we're taking things very slowly. (The biggest ones are only about 11mm now). He says he'd rather have 5-9 good follies instead of tons of mediocre ones that cause me to "blow up."
    Wish me luck girls. It's not been an easy journey. And lots of babydust to you, too!

splitting snow is offline Registered User

Hi Gracey,

How's your procedure going? I just got my period few days ago, so my 1st IVF cycle didn't work, and we will be doing our FET hopefully in January. I have 12 follies frozen, and a good amount of them are good quality, so hopefully it will work the next time.

Good luck to everyone!
    ss

Gracey is offline Registered User

Hi Splitting Snow -- What a pretty user name.
    I'm sorry about your period.
    We had to cancel this cycle bc of potential overstimulation. I know the doctors here are more cautious -- and therefore less aggressive -- than in the US, but I'll take that. I gained 6" in my waist in a week, which is a pretty scary amount of bloating, and that wasn't even on a full course of meds.
    We did a premature egg collection and delayed the egg transfer. I was very disappointed.
    That said, 5 eggs matured, were fertilized and divided well, so I have at least 2 cycles of good-quality frozen embryos to work with in Dec and Jan.
    I wish you the best of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12