Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Diaper rash and "Butt Paste"

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    You can also try Drapolene, available at ParnknShop/watsons. Its really effective on rashes. We find it much better than desitin.

seattleite is offline Registered User
    Beware that Boudreaux's Butt Paste (the brown color one-- I don't know if there are other formulations) will stain light colored clothes. I hated it. I happened to try Butt Paste at the time my daughter was resisting diaper changes, so it smeared onto her white onesie and the color never came out. It is also extremely hard to clean off skin. Like it is greasy or something.

We've used Sudocrem and found it to work the best for our kids.

I found that Sudocrem will eliminate redness in one application. Butt Paste did not eliminate redness after multiple applications. Since I had only used about 5% of the giant tub, I found that Butt Paste makes a great door stop!

Daddy-O is offline Registered User
    Tsueng Kwan O
    Thanks for the comments everyone. We've actually managed to solve our dilemma. My wife is from the mainland and her mother in Shanghai sent us some homemade stuff called Zi Cao for my daughter's diaper rash. It's a mixture of sesame oil and a purple-colored herb called arnebia in the west and who-knows-what-else. The stuff makes the whole house smell like toasted sesame seeds, but it is amazingly effective :-)

moomoo is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    Do you mean when you run out of Desitin? You can buy Desitin at Watsons.
    hi portia,
    can u still find desitin at watsons? i hv not been able to get desitin in HK for a while now. Just ordered some in from the US.

Portia is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I haven't bought any in the last 2 months, but I often find in HK that sometimes there are no supplies for a few months until the next shipment. Will let you know if I see any next time I go to Watsons.

BLWC is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I use Sudocreme and my son has never had diaper rash. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as "butt paste". We also use QV bath oil and cream which is readily available in HK, it helps stop baby's skin from getting irritated in the first place.

sblossom is offline Registered User
    Can u just ask if sudocream shld be used as preventative; use everytime there us a diaper change? Or shld you only use when some redness has already developed? For my 5 wk old, I've been using vit A/vit D ointment everytime, diaper rash kept to a min but dr saw a few red bumps and had us use fungus cream. I want to huge sudocream a try. Thanks!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12