Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sleeping a long stretch, but not when I want it to happen!

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    AgnesForbes, I still haven't figured out how to shift her sleeping, so I can't help.
    I've read about slowly moving her bedtime back, from 6pm (in your case) to 615pm, then 630pm, etc. Try that maybe?

My little one really resists naps and I just realized she really cannot fall asleep on her own so my focus now is to get her on a napping routine and teaching her how to fall asleep on her own. I have shifted the dreamfeed to 11pm though.

At first, I tried moving bedtime to 9pm, but because she's such a poor napper, she's exhausted by the time 530/6pm rolls around.

I think teaching her to fall asleep on her own will help her drop the night wakings (when she's ready). These 2 nights, she's been waking up at 230am, 330am ... then around 530 (there may have been a waking at 4-ish, but I don't remember) and I've been finding her struggling to get back to sleep, with her limbs going crazy. I try not to feed her but the one time that I do, I find she doesn't seem very hungry.

I don't swaddle her because she just wakes herself up when trying to get out of the swaddle.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sttimemom View Post
    Thank you for referring to me to LLL_Sarah's post. It's all making sense now! Trying to find more information about this on the website.
    One book which explains about babies sleeping patterns is Nighttime Parenting by Dr. William Sears, http://www.shopinhk.com/nighttime-pa...-pr-12460.html

This book is also available in the La Leche League Hong Kong library at http://www.lllhk.org/Library/Books/N...Parenting.html

Other books which might be helpful are:

The Family Bed by Tine Thevenin,

Good Nights by Dr. Jay Gordon, http://www.shopinhk.com/good-nights-...a-pr-1818.html

The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley.

(All availbale from the LLL-HK library.)

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12