Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Donating breast milk?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Donating breast milk?

I have a 7 week old baby in NICU and am currently exclusively pumping. She drinks 600mL a day and I'm pumping 1600mL a day. I have no room to store the excess so I have been giving about 200mL a day to my 23 month old as a milkshake, and pouring the other 800mL a day down the drain.

I know that HK has no milk bank, otherwise I'd be donating it there. But I'd be willing to donate it to another baby if there was anyone interested.

I cannot freeze the milk as my freezer is completely full with the milk I need to freeze and take to my daughter in NICU every day - so I can only refrigerate the milk after I pump. I live in North Point so if anyone wants it, you'd need to come and pick it up (or send your helper) pretty regularly.

I'm planning on pumping for my daughter long term and I don't want to decrease my supply right now - so as long as I have this excess, I'm happy to donate it to whoever's interested for as long as I can (more of a long term thing rather than a one off donation).

I've had the HIV/hepatitis screenings as part of my pregnancy check ups and don't carry any of those. I know that oseas, those screenings are also done for milk donors...

If no one's interested, I'm just going to keep pumping and dumping for now - but I figured it someone can use it, might as well!!

Nicole

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I just wanted to *bump* this just in case anyone is still interested.

My daughter is out of NICU now so I can now freeze the milk if someone wants frozen milk instead. I dropped a couple of pumping sessions and now have about 6-800mL excess that is mainly being dumped every day (my older daughter isn't really drinking it any more).

Anyway if anyone's interested, let me know. It doesn't make any difference to me either way but if someone wants/needs it, you might as well use it :)

Nicole

Kalinatata is offline Registered User
    Dear Nicole,

I would like to come and take your milk for my daughter Nicole, she is 2 month.
    If you have a time, please email/sms/call me to [email protected] or 67401995

Thank you very much!!!!

Best Regards, Nataliia