Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reflux - Enfamil AR

Dianeb is offline Registered User

Reflux - Enfamil AR

Hi All,

I finally took my baby to see another doctor today about her screaming/fussiness during/after feeding - this pediatrician also said she has reflux - he is suggesting that I could switch to the Enfamil AR formula..has anyone tried this for baby with reflux? I guess my baby's reflux is more of a silent reflux because she doesnt really spit up/vomit but the acid obviously is making her very uncomfortable - hence lots of arching back, screaming/crying....

Also, the doctor has put her on Takepron, has anyone have any experience with this drug?

Thanks!!
    Diane

southside852 is offline Registered User
    my son had silent reflux. we used cow & gate's pepti junior and he was fine with it. i have no experience with takepron as our son used zantac.

Were your son exclusively on Cow & Gate's pepti junior? and did it cause any weight gain issue?

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I found Takepron really good - Zantac was too awful tasting.

My son and daughters reflux was also silent and the meds helped a lot, plus elevation post feeding and also elevated bedhead. We did not g for a medicated formula, I preferred the takepron and to stay with our organic brand + breastmilk which worked fine.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    zantac got mixed with his formula so there was no taste - he couldn't tell the difference. no issues at all with pepti junior. previously, my son had been on hypoallergenic formula from london and then did not carry it in hong kong. our doctor (leo chan in central) suggested pepti junior and transition was a smooth one.

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    Posted re: takepron on your other thread. My son also had silent reflux. I don't have personal experience with Enfamil AR as I breast fed but a couple of my friends do. It worked for them.

Hi Leah!

Thanks so much for your reply! How old were your son and daughter when they were on Takepron and what was the dosage they were on and how long did they need t obe on it? My daughter is currently on 7.5mg tablet twice per day. It seems to be doing well, but I dont know if this dosage is high for her age and I certainly dont want her to be on medicine long term. I am worried about any potential side effect.........

Look forward to hearing from you,

Diane

mahou is offline Registered User
    There can be many reasons why your baby have reflux. As such a young age, having gas can cause it too.

It seems there are few options from Enfamil. According to the web site, there are the A.R., ProSoBee, and Gentlease. Did the baby's doctor mention anything about the cause of it? A friend tried the A.R, it seems ok.

It is hard to fine in HK, but I have seen it before. You can buy it online in Hong Kong too.

Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast