Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Paediatrician review : Dr Joseph Pang [thumbs down]

Cici is offline Registered User
    Ditto Dr Steve Wong- nurses are always rushed, but he takes his time explaining things

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Love Dr. Thondup. We didn't see him early on as we went to through the public system for the early checkups...it's FREE! My friend referred him to us and we decided to meet him just to have a pediatrician if we ever need one. He's in the Bank of America tower. He's very friendly and the nurses are nice too. Also Yvonne Heavyside does the well baby clinics weekly and she's amazing!

Mothers guilt is offline Registered User
    yes, the nurses at Joseph Pang and Steve Wong's office are absolutely two of the rudest nurses i've ever met. And Dr. Pang is definitely rude and abrupt as any doctor I've seen. Yesterday while i was waiting before we get called, I sat there and watched this one grumpy nurse. She never smiled once as the patients came in and greeted her. There was one mommy who i was very impressed with, she came in with two kids. For the few times that she exchanged words with this grumpy nurse, she smiled and was joking with her too. This nurse never even so much as give her a grin, much less a smile. The nurses treat the patients and kids as guards treat prisoners in jails, condescending, rude, and abrupt. The only good thing in this clinic is Dr. Steve Wong. he's quite patient and nice. he should find a better doctor to partner with.

Gemma is offline Registered User
    I too went with my 6 week old for a check up. I was alone and had trouble finding parking and I rang to apologize and let them know that I was onmyway and that I would be 10 minutes late. The nurse said briskly on the phone, " yes, well ..." as if to say " what do you want me to do about it?" which irked me a little as I thought I had done all I could to be courteous. Got there and apologized again and the nurse said somewhat smugly, " well, you are just going to have to wait."

Honestly, I never expected not to have to wait, but I don't need to be told in such a condescending manner. Perhaps I am used to the courteous nurses at dr Philip ho's, or the courtesy I expect of my nurses at my own practice, but this sort of attitude would only drive patients away, as I now consider whether I want to continue to see Dr Wong, whom I do really like.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    In their defense could it be a language/culture issue? I have been going there for 3 yr to see dr Wong. I speak chinese to the nurses they are certainly the no bullshit kind but they are nice enough and efficient and knowledgeable.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Gemma is offline Registered User
    No, I spoke Chinese to them.

sandie333 is offline Registered User
    My daughter has been Dr. Wong's patient for many years. I find that Dr. Wong is a very good doctor who is kind, patient and compassionate. My kid feels very comfortable with him each time we go to see him.
    We live in the United States and come back to Hong Kong every summer. Dr. Wong was highly recommended to us by our relative and we are so thankful since our first visit. One summer in Hong Kong, my kid had stomach infection and was checked in a hospital emergency. The doctor there couldn't diagnose the symptom and my kid was discharged with the same discomfort. We then went to see Dr Wong. He prescribed the proper medicine to my kid and she started to eat and do normal activities as usual in a few days. Under the care of Dr. Wong, my kid has always been in good hands. We are so thankful for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12