Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby shopping recommendation in Shenzen

doe eyes is offline Registered User

Red face Baby shopping recommendation in Shenzen

Hi All,

I am planning a trip to Shenzen and am seeking advice/suggestions on baby shopping over there. Please let me know of good shopping places- where and what to buy from there for my to-be born. Also if anybody has a list of what all is needed for a new born do let me know ( am a first time mommy :) )

Thanks in advance!

carang is offline Registered User
    i have heard from other mummies that the choice and selection are much better in hk....don't know if it's true or not but if you consider their one child policy, it could be...

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Probably baby clothes?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    If you plan to go to the shopping mall at Lo Wu... yes, it's better in HK. There is a lot of shops overthere selling the same things, and it can take a long time and negociation to get a few items worth the trip...
    Apart from that, never been further in Shenzhen. Good luck !

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    I completely agree with cara. I have been to SZ many times, but at the end of the trip i always used to feel that HK is better. Things might be a bit cheaper in SZ but definitely they are much better in HK in terms of quality. If you still want to buy from there, you can get cheap clothes and shoes, and now that winter is approaching you can get warm bodysuits and blankets from there.

newmother is offline Registered User
    I don't know about Shenzen, but for a shopping list, I used the one from the Bumps to Babes website: http://www.bumpstobabes.com/pages/checklist.htm I think it's a good list, but of course you still don't have to get everything it says.

carang is offline Registered User
    in actual fact, you probably don't need 1/2 of the stuff on their list. what one person considers "essential" others would see as a luxury.

newborns need very little, especially if you are breastfeeding...diapers & a few onesies and that is about all that's necessary... the rest are extras...

good luck and have fun!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Luohu Commercial Centre doesn't have great baby clothes, and all the stalls are the same, but good for convenience.
    Dongmen (Lao Jie MTR) has tons of shops, most of the ground level ones are Chinese fashions, but there's an inside local mall (cannot describe though, sorry:() that has many small baby stalls with decent clothes.
    Hua Qiang Bei (MTR station) has a market near there (again, cannot give you an address), it's English translation name is called something like the Foreign Clothing market. It's all the factory seconds, many well known brands, lots and lots of different shops. If you are with Chinese people, just get them to ask shop people in the area and they should be able to tell you - it's pretty well known there. I wouldn't go there heavily pregnant unless you have nerves of steel. It's pretty crowded and cramped there. But so cheap, plus you can bargain. I highly recommend it there.
    I got all my baby clothes in SZ (was living there) for 0-6 months and saved a BUNDLE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast