Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bugaboo Bee Plus best price in Hong Kong?

banane76 is offline Registered User

If you live in HK side, it might be easier to use a baby carrier for the first few months and then just get the McLaren?

evgreen is offline Registered User

thanks for the discount tip for the bugaboo bee @ mothercare! i called about the amex promotion and it's definitely a great deal at $5439 considering it lists for about $5050 on amazon.com. shipping it from the US would make it more expensive than the amex deal at mothercare.

i saw the bugaboo bee at bumps to babes over the weekend and it's selling for $7,999 or something ridiculous like that.

winniethepug is offline Registered User

I have a bugaboo bee plus and have had some serious problems with it. You should be aware that there is a design fault with them - at any speed over and above moderate walking pace the two front wheels shudder, often making things like running for the bus impossible. They are also more prone to catching in escalators - I recently lost a wheel this way and had to pay $440 to have a new one fitted at bumps and babes. Both of these issues can be easily found by googling....that said, if you are happy to be extra vigilant on escalators & not run with the pram you can buy mine! I'm considering swapping to the babyjogger or maclaren xt - mine is from John Lewis in London, purchases 4 months ago.

southside852 is offline Registered User

i must say that we are a maclaren family. have 2: the techno xt from birth and the quest for my older son. they have been great in asia (hk and in singapore) and traveling around. so easy to fold up and check in at gates. no problems on escalators or running . . . we love our strollers!

RileyC is offline Registered User

Winniethepug, may I ask when you bought your Bugaboo bee plus? Do you know if they have fixed the problem since then?
    Posted via Mobile Device

evgreen is offline Registered User

i just went into mothercare to ask about some of the issues which winniethepug brought up. the shaking or shimmying of the wheel issue can be fixed for free if your bee is still under warranty. mothercare offers a 2 year warranty thru bugaboo. i have also looked at the bugaboo bee website and they have found a solution to the shaking problem. apparently this has been an issue for many custeroms, and they are prepared with a solution.

I pulled the following from the website:

"There are several reasons that may cause the swivel wheels of the Bugaboo Bee to shimmy, including driving speed, road surface and the load on the wheel suspension. And although shimmying does not affect the safety of the stroller, we do understand that it might cause an unpleasant driving experience. Therefore, Bugaboo has created a very simple service set which you can order free of charge and place on your Bugaboo Bee swivel wheels to stop them from shimmying. To order, please contact Bugaboo Customer Service."

I also asked mothercare about the possibility of wheels being damaged from riding on the escalators. the warranty does not cover wheel damage from use of escalators and as such they recommend to take the elevator whenever possible.

hope this info helps.

RileyC is offline Registered User

That was very helpful Evgreen, so thx!
    Posted via Mobile Device

winniethepug is offline Registered User

I bought my bee plus from John Lewis department store in London. I actually called them last week and acknowledged the issue and are posting me the fix it kit to stabilize the wheels - that said, I'm still going to sell it and buy a maclaren!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast