Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Am I crazy wanting to live in the Mid-Levels with a 6 month old?

eebee is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for your responses everyone - very helpful. Does anyone live at Hillsborough Court? It's one of the places we looked at and liked, but it seems the only way to walk out of there is down a near vertical road! (Old Peak Rd). Comments?

eebee is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your reply ssheng. I've had a bit of a look online at Kowloon Station and it does seem to fit our needs nicely. Which complex do you live in? Which would you suggest has the best facilities for a baby/young child (eg. indoor and outdoor playground, pool etc)? Any further advice would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by eebee; 10-07-2010 at 10:32 AM.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Your budget is sizeable, so you will have a lot of choices. I personally dont like mid levels and have settled in Happy Valley with 3 kids. For your budget, I would suggest you take a good look at Leighton Hill (newer and more expensive) as well as Ventris Place (older less expensive). Both have decent facilities but the real nice thing about both is the Valley itself. You have access to multiple playgrounds (indoor and outdoor) as well as the big racetrack. There are a large number of families with kids as well as excellent transport links and only few minutes walk to Causewaybay.

HC

southside852 is offline Registered User
    I think mid-levels is great! We lived on the southside and realized there are positives and negatives for all areas in and @ HK island. For us, southside was extremely family friendly and less pollution, but the major drawback was commute for my husband into Central. We now live in Singapore and if we were to move back to HK, we would strongly consider moving to mid-levels so that my husband's commute would be shorter and he could get home quicker to us. Transportation is not really an issues - there are blding shuttles, buses and taxis that are everywhere. It's really what fits your budget and family best.

Nwebb is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I recently moved to HK and am six months pregnant....another alternative is the Kowloon side above Elements Shopping Centre. We've chosen to live at the Harbourside Apartments which are new and fresh, there is a pool, clubroom with amazing kids room and cafe....the train station is literally below the building and one stop to Central (2 minutes.) It's flat and there is plenty of walking space....shops and restaurants in close proximity without going far and without feeling like you are closed in..Cheers, Nicole

carang is offline Registered User
    it really comes down to your preferences. when i first came to hk, back in 1995, i wanted to be in the thick of things. i loved high-rise living, convenience etc. after 15 years here, i HATE the hustle and bustle of the city and you'd have to pay me pretty handsomely to live in the mid-levels. not my cup of tea. to each his own.

hknewbie is offline Registered User
    Hi all!

I'm new to HK, just arrived 3 weeks ago. Currently staying at the HK Parkview.

Eebee: I also looked at Goldsborough, Fairlane, Bamboo Grove which were all in the Mid Levels. I think location-wise it is really good if your husband works in Central. And I recall Bamboo Grove was the kids-friendliest of the lot!

For me, we chose to stay in Parkview due to the slightly fresher air, good playrooms for our daughter and there is a pre-school within the complex (1 min walk!) The only downside is that you tend to feel slightly isolated from the rest of the island! Even though its a 20 min cab ride to Central!

Cara: Are you at HK Parkview too?

Nwebb: May I ask how much is the rental for a 2-bedroom in Harbourside Kowloon?

Good luck with the [email protected]

carang is offline Registered User
    no, i live in Sai KungACOuntry Park...not on hk island

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast