Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Completed my prenatal music classes today! What's next?

hayleylaw is offline Registered User

Completed my prenatal music classes today! What's next?

yay! I just completed 2 cycles of prenatal music class with Prelude today! Hvn't had such a great sense of accomplishment since i've been carrying my bump around!

I totally recommend this prenatal music program to all of you! I was too lazy to do prenatal yoga but my hubby encouraged me to do some classes rather than sitting at home!

As a first time mom, i was very nervous abt everything. I guess music did help relieve my stress and i do l forward to singing to my girl who will come to the world in abt 2 weeks!! I do thank the instructor for preping me all the songs and rhymes! O was great meeting other mommys too!!

I will continue to do the neonatal music classes with Prelude but only up to my baby becomes 4 months old, as recommended. I wonder if anyone here can recommend me other good quality baby music programs in town?
    Posted via Mobile Device

mariac is offline Registered User
    hey hayleylaw,

what are prenatal music classes? can you tell me a lil more? where are they offered, costs etc....

Oh, it's a program called Prelude. We found abt it from this forum. We hire this instructor to host the class at our clubhouse. There were 6 of us in the class and it was quite fun! We do breathing, singing and movements. *I liked the movement most coz it made me feel less clumpsy, yet it's not too challenging to my body even when i was only few weeks away before i due.

I did 2 cycles of classes in abt 3 months. I paid $200 per class to my friend who organizes it.*

We may continue to do a few classes after our babies are born. (few of our due dates are close to each other) I do think my baby got used to the music class!

I think i was told that there was a website to the course but i didn't write it down, i will ask my friend and post it up later! *
    Posted via Mobile Device

syuan is offline Registered User
    Suzuki offers an Early Childhood Music course for babies, in a mixed age environment (newborn to 3 years old). I did Kindermusik with my first two kids before Suzuki came along, but with #3, I find that I prefer Suzuki because their policy is that only mother/father is allowed in the classroom with the child, no helpers. I enjoy meeting the other parents, and also seeing how the different age groups develop.
    http://www.suzukihk.org/en_programs_earlychildhood.asp

Thx syuan for info on suzuki classes. Seems to be a good program. If i bring my newborn to a class full of bigger kids, will that still be beneficial? Or do you think it's better to join a class with babiea of similar age?

mariac, i askes my friend for Prelude's website:

prelude-hk.blogspot.com

Hope u'll like the classes too!
    Posted via Mobile Device

cool is offline Banned
    are there other prenatal music classes offered besides prelude

syuan is offline Registered User
    hayleylaw, i believe babies learn a lot from the older kids. i find it great that the older kids really adore the babies and are actually fairly gentle with them. it's easier to sing songs and dance too with older kids instead of just a roomful of babies!