Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Who has given birth at the United Christian hospital or Pamela Youde hospital?

pingpangqiu is offline Registered User

Who has given birth at the United Christian hospital or Pamela Youde hospital?

Hi everyone,

My wife is due around 4th December and was hoping to give birth at Queen Mary but they are full apparently. So she has a choice between the United Christian hospital or Pamela Youde.

Has anyone given birth in either of these 2 hospitals in the last year or two?
    Was your experience positive or negative?

Which one would you guys and gals recommend and why?

Thanks very much for your advice.

I've seen that other people have commented about these hospitals on this forum in the past but I wonder what the situation and feeling is like very recently about which is superior and why. Thanks!

This forum is great by the way!

charade is offline Registered User

Hi... I am going to give birth at United Christian because it falls into the catchment area of where I live. Didn't realise one had a choice of public hospital unless a special case, but anyway, it makes sense to pick the one closer to where you live as appointments and the hospital are easier to get to.

I can only give you secondhand feedback on both hospitals. A friend of mine delivered at United Christian last year and was very happy with everything. She said the nurses were supportive during labour and also helped her with breastfeeding later. However, she didn't get an epidural... she said she realised later that one has to push a bit for that in the public system and she was way too preoocupied during labour to get into it. I think they tend to save the epidurals for women whose labour is long and her's wasn't.

I had another friend deliver last year at Pamela Youde and she said she was happy with it too. She's quite picky so if there were any issues she would have mentioned.