Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Christmas

lalila is offline Registered User

Christmas

HI everyone i know its a bit early but have a lot to organise as we arrive end of month and have family coming out soon after we get there

can anyone recommend a good hotel buffet for xmas which is great for kids as well fun stuff.

any idea for new years eve without kids?

also any suggestions for kids activities in december for xmas time?

wheres good for xmas decorations

many thanks everyone

carang is offline Registered User
    xmas decorations are plentiful, especially in wan chai street market.

activities for kids? how old are they?

every hotel will have a xmas buffet...it will depend on your budget...but i would think in the $500-1000 price range... there will be some a little cheaper, but not much (i would think). you WILL need to make reservations. you may want to look into ordering a "prepared xmas dinner". many places do these and will possibly deliver to your home.... all of the xmas fixings and a little more...

what to do for new year's eve? hard to say without more details from you... are you looking for a "ball" or are you looking for dinner? or are you just wanting to go out for drinks?

lalila is offline Registered User
    Hi carang thanks for your reply son wil be 2 and daughter will be 5 months wanting some some entertainment of any sort to keep them happy and not bored especially the 2 year old,

preferbly want to go out $500-1000 is ok have you been to hotels you would recommend?

for new years and looking for dinner again no ball just dinner and drinks doesnt have to be formal just somewhere that will do the countdown i suppose. thanks again

carang is offline Registered User
    ummm just to be clear it would be $500-1000 PER PERSON, not total

any of the 5* hotels would do it.

where will you be staying? might help with kids' activities...

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Cafe Too at Island Shangri La has one of the best buffet spreads in HK.
    The Marriott's buffet is not bad too, and I think they had activities for kids. Both at Admiralty.

yonge is offline Registered User
    Brown in Happy Valley does a great Thanksgiving/Christmas buffett, but you better call them up and make your reservations soon. They are reasonably priced and therefore extremely popular. If you're a large group, you can probably get them to make a menu just for your group for about HK$300 a head (not including drinks), so that there would be some child-friendly items.

Disneyland is having a special Christmas theme this year, so I'm sure the kids will love that. :)

Every restaurant and bar in Lan Kwai Fong will be doing the countdown, so lots of choices. Opus Grill has the best steaks in town and great civilized atmosphere.