Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Milk brand for 14 mo

pinki09 is offline Registered User

Milk brand for 14 mo

Hi, my boy will be 14 mo end of this month. He was Ebf'd till 10 mos and then switched to aptamil formula (the uk make). He currently has aptamil 1+ but i wish to switch him to cows milk. The doc says pura longlife is good, but there seems to be too much debate abt the goodness of uht. I'm personally not in favour of pura fresh as we get stuff home delivered and more often than not the pura fresh has an expiry in just the next few days and it works out to be a bit on the expensive side. So any one out there giving pura uht to 1 yos ? Does it work okay? If not, any other local brand of fresh milk like nestle farm fresh or kowloon dairy or trappist dairy or any other brand you would recommend? Any input would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I have been giving my son Les Viva organic cows milk since about that age. Since it's also powder it was easy to mix in with the formula for a while to wean him. It's not so cheap though, about $235hk for a 900gm tin. 2bottles a day lasts us about one and a half weeks. I'm personally just not in favor of giving him regular cows milk (yet) so that's why I chose this brand, and being a powder is pretty convenient.

hkmom1 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Where do you get the Les Viva powder?

bagel is offline Registered User
    I give my toddler the local cow's milk such as trappist or kowloon dairy and there has been no problem.

newmother is offline Registered User
    I found an organic variety in 360 called Clover. Seemed ok, but I just started a week ago, too and my son only drank a sip or two so far. I think if you find something that suits the whole family that would be best.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    You can buy Les Viva at some pharmacies, and also at PNS international, when they are not sold out. It's not the easiest thing to find in stock all the time, but I love the absence of hormones and other yucky stuff that normal milk contains.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i give my toddler a variety - local brands (trappist, kowloon dairy, dairy farm), overseas brands (pura, greenfield.hokkaido) and organic (clover)...whatever is available is OK since i want her to be flexible so that wherever i go i can find milk for her without having to chug it with me everywhere

steamedfish is offline Registered User
    i used to feed my girl just a major japanese brand, but i got more and more confused as i did more research. i miss cheap organic milk frm canada.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast