Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

trick or treat 2010?

fennho is offline Registered User

trick or treat 2010?

hello there

i'm wondering if HK are open to kids doing trick or treating here since the expat community is wider here. Do we approach our own resident building and asked if this is allowed? I've did a search on this forum too and apparently someone commented some shopping malls do this too?

Can anyone help? My almost 3yr old kid would love to participate in her first trick or treat! :) thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    there are a few complexes that do it, but most do not. in DB it is HUGE. in parkview, it's smaller, but still fun. there are a few places in jardine's lookout that do it.

you can ask if your management has something planned or you can make a trip out to db. BUT beware that it is INSANELY busy. i had a friend in db who spent $3000 on candy and it was gone in 30-45 minutes!

Portia is offline Registered User
    In our building, one of the parents organises it with help from the building management. The management puts a letter in every mail box to ask who wants to participate. There is a party for the children in the lobby at around 6 pm and then the children are given a list of flats where they can trick or treat.

ptk
    ptk is offline Registered User
    Would you please share about the one in Parkview? How do they normally do it? Can anybody just simply join or only for residents? Thanks so much for any input.

it wasn't so nearly well "organised" as the party/treating in DB. the residents living in parkview went downstairs with their candies and the kids/parents went from building to building.

we were invited by a resident last year, but got held up in terrible traffic. we missed almost all of it and we got there around 6:15ish.

ptk
    ptk is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much. It must be a nightmare to find parking. If 6.15 kind of late, what time do they start if i may know? Really appreciate your quick resonse carang.
    Posted via Mobile Device

i don't live there, so i'm not too sure, maybe there's someone on here who lives there? if not, i would think 5:45-6 would be better.

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    I've heard that Red Hill is a good place to go, though we never have. I also heard that they might be doing it on Saturday instead of Sunday, though...
    All the best,
    Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast